Digital TV News: Atlantic Broadband
Atlantic Broadband debuts multi-screen TiVo service
Mar 10, 2015 – Atlantic Broadband, the USA's 13th largest cable operator, has announced that its multi-screen digital entertainment TiVo service is debuting in Salamanca, Shippenville and the surrounding areas.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, USA
Netflix adds 1.69 million members in 2Q 2014
Jul 22, 2014 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released its second-quarter 2014 financial results. The U.S. member base grew to more than 36 million. Outside the U.S. the company ended Q2 with 13.8 million members, growing 78% y/y.
News categories: Netflix, Cable TV, Europe, Latin America, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Cogeco TV customers down 9,620 in quarter to end-May 2014
Jul 10, 2014 – Cogeco Cable (TSX: CCA) has announced results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014, ended May 31, 2014. Third-quarter net losses for Television service customers stood at 9,620 compared to 8,407 for the same period of fiscal 2013.
News categories: Cogeco, Cable TV, Canada, Results, Subscribers, USA
TiVo surpasses 4.5 million subscriber milestone
Apr 29, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has more than 4.5 million subscribers who are now enjoying the TiVo experience, surpassing the previous record number of 4.45 million hit over eight years ago in December of 2006.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jeff Klugman, Louis Audet, Peter Pounds, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Cogeco Cable posts third quarter (end-May 2013) results
Jul 11, 2013 – Cogeco Cable (TSX:CCA) has announced results for the third quarter of fiscal 2013, ended May 31, 2013. In Canada, for the third quarter and the first nine months net customer losses for Television service customers stood at 7,363 and 17,771, respectively.
News categories: Cogeco, ABB, Cable TV, Canada, Results, Subscribers, USA
TiVo to power cable operators' mobile and second screen experience
Jun 10, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that its mobile app and second screen companion experience is now available for cable operators 'powered by TiVo.' Atlantic Broadband will be the first U.S. cable operator to offer the service to its subscribers.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Atlantic Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
U.S. Pay-TV Net Adds Plunge in Q2 as Economy and Netflix Take Their Toll
Aug 10, 2012 – Net U.S. subscriber additions for pay-TV operators fell by nearly 350,000 in the second quarter - the largest subscriber drop in history - according to IHS Screen Digest (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Cogeco Cable Inc. Acquires Atlantic Broadband
Jul 18, 2012 – Cogeco Cable (TSX:CCA) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire all of the shares of Atlantic Broadband an independent cable system operator serving about 252,000 basic video customers in the U.S.
News categories: Cogeco, Atlantic Broadband, Cable TV, MnA, USA
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019