Digital TV News: Atlantic Broadband
Atlantic Broadband completes acquisition of Metrocast cable systems
Jan 4, 2018 – Cogeco Communications (TSX: CCA) has announced that its subsidiary Atlantic Broadband has completed the acquisition of cable systems owned by Harron Communications and operating under the MetroCast brand name.
News categories: Cogeco, Atlantic Broadband, Louis Audet, Richard Shea, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
EPIX app launches on TiVo set-tops at Atlantic Broadband
Jan 24, 2017 – EPIX has announced that it will offer EPIX content through an app that enables authenticated subscribers to access EPIX’s library of more than 2,000 Hollywood movies on TiVo devices. The app will first launch with Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: EPIX, TiVo, Atlantic Broadband, NCTC, Mark Greenberg, Jim Denney, David Isenberg, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital reaches milestone of 12 million STBs shipped
Sep 7, 2016 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has shipped 12 million digital set-top boxes to cable operators around the world. These 12 million digital devices consist of Evolution Digital’s wide product offerings including its SD DTA, HD uDTA and eBOX IP Hybrid STB.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Chris Egan, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Atlantic Broadband debuts multi-screen TiVo service
Mar 10, 2015 – Atlantic Broadband, the USA's 13th largest cable operator, has announced that its multi-screen digital entertainment TiVo service is debuting in Salamanca, Shippenville and the surrounding areas.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, USA
Netflix adds 1.69 million members in 2Q 2014
Jul 22, 2014 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released its second-quarter 2014 financial results. The U.S. member base grew to more than 36 million. Outside the U.S. the company ended Q2 with 13.8 million members, growing 78% y/y.
News categories: Netflix, Cable TV, Europe, Latin America, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Cogeco TV customers down 9,620 in quarter to end-May 2014
Jul 10, 2014 – Cogeco Cable (TSX: CCA) has announced results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014, ended May 31, 2014. Third-quarter net losses for Television service customers stood at 9,620 compared to 8,407 for the same period of fiscal 2013.
News categories: Cogeco, Cable TV, Canada, Results, Subscribers, USA
TiVo surpasses 4.5 million subscriber milestone
Apr 29, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has more than 4.5 million subscribers who are now enjoying the TiVo experience, surpassing the previous record number of 4.45 million hit over eight years ago in December of 2006.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jeff Klugman, Louis Audet, Peter Pounds, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Cogeco Cable posts third quarter (end-May 2013) results
Jul 11, 2013 – Cogeco Cable (TSX:CCA) has announced results for the third quarter of fiscal 2013, ended May 31, 2013. In Canada, for the third quarter and the first nine months net customer losses for Television service customers stood at 7,363 and 17,771, respectively.
News categories: Cogeco, ABB, Cable TV, Canada, Results, Subscribers, USA
TiVo to power cable operators' mobile and second screen experience
Jun 10, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that its mobile app and second screen companion experience is now available for cable operators 'powered by TiVo.' Atlantic Broadband will be the first U.S. cable operator to offer the service to its subscribers.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Atlantic Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members