Digital TV News: Australian National Basketball League
ESPN+ hits one million paid subscribers in just over five months
Sep 20, 2018 – The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment has announced that ESPN+, the multi-sport, direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service from DTCI in collaboration with ESPN, has surpassed one million paying subscribers in just over five months since its April 2018 launch.
News categories: ESPN, Walt Disney, Jimmy Pitaro, Kevin Mayer, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
ESPN+ streaming now available on Roku devices
Apr 16, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced the availability of ESPN+ on the Roku platform, allowing Roku player and Roku TV users to access additional live events, on-demand content and original programming not available on ESPN's linear TV or digital networks.
News categories: www.roku.com/, ESPN, Scott Rosenberg, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
HTC VIVE and Accedo partner to accelerate VR UX innovation
Mar 29, 2017 – Accedo has announced that it is partnering with HTC VIVE to educate the video industry and accelerate VR innovation. The companies are also working with the Australian National Basketball League (NBL) to create user experiences for sporting events in VR.
News categories: Accedo, HTC VIVE, Australian National Basketball League, Fredrik Andersson, Rikard Steiber, Jeremy Loeliger, Digital TV, UX, VR, Worldwide
Nova to offer HD satellite TV in Greece with Pace
Jun 17, 2010 – At a press conference, Greek satellite TV operator 'Nova' presented its strategy and commercial policy for its Nova High Definition (HD) service, which will be available as of August 2010.
News categories: Pace plc, Nova, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free