Digital TV News: Axiata
Dialog Axiata introduces Cloud TV service powered by Kaltura
Sep 3, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that Dialog Axiata has selected Kaltura to power ViU, its cross-screen Cloud TV service. ViU is now available to the operator’s existing subscribers as well as every mobile user in Sri Lanka, regardless of the network.
News categories: Kaltura, Dialog Axiata, Ron Yekutiel, Dr. Rainer Deutschmann, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
1.2 million pay TV subscribers at Dialog Axiata
May 14, 2019 – Dialog Axiata has announced results for the three months ended 31st March 2019. Dialog Television (“DTV”), continued to consolidate its leadership position in the Digital Pay Television space with a subscriber growth of 16% YoY to reach 1.2 million.
News categories: Dialog, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Sri Lanka, Subscribers
Telenor and Axiata enter discussions to merge Asian operations
May 6, 2019 – Telenor and Axiata Group are in discussions regarding a potential non-cash combination of their telecom and infrastructure assets in Asia, in which Telenor would take a majority stake. It is anticipated that Telenor will own 56.5% and Axiata will own 43.5%.
News categories: Telenor, Axiata, Gunn Wærsted, Sigve Brekke, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, MnA, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
Robi and Bongo to launch video streaming in Bangladesh
Apr 2, 2019 – Robi Axiata and Stellar Digital, popularly known as Bongo, have announced that they plan to offer an on-demand video streaming service to Robi and Airtel subscribers. The commercial free service includes live TV as well as video on demand content.
News categories: Robi Axiata, Stellar Digital, Mahtab Uddin Ahmed, Ahad Mohammad Bha, Bangladesh, Digital TV, OTT
Dialog Axiata adds Eros Now to its ViU OTT app in Sri Lanka
Jun 28, 2018 – Dialog Axiata has announced a partnership with Eros International to launch its premier Video Over The Top (OTT) platform, Eros Now. The deal allows users in Sri Lanka to browse through over 20,000 hours of original Indian content in over 10 languages.
News categories: Eros International, Dialog Axiata, Rishika Lulla Singh, Mangala Hettiarachchi, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Sri Lanka
SPORTSFIX goes live with Celcom in Malaysia
Aug 1, 2017 – SPORTSFIX, a regional OTT live streaming sports platform, has launched its service in Malaysia in partnership with Celcom. SPORTSFIX delivers the local, regional and international live, VOD and news sports content to mobile devices.
News categories: SPORTSFIX, Celcom, Marcus Luer, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
Astro launches Tribe OTT video service in Indonesia
Mar 18, 2016 – Astro Malaysia has announced the launch of Tribe, a differentiated OTT video service for the region. Astro partnered with Axiata Digital Services for the first launch of the service, in Indonesia.
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Tribe, Axiata Digital Services, Dato' Rohana Rozhan, Iskandar Samad, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV