Digital TV News: Azam Media
AzamTV adds capacity on EUTELSAT 7B
Mar 10, 2015 – Azam Media is ramping up satellite capacity through a new transponder leased on EUTELSAT 7B. Complementing capacity used on the co-positioned EUTELSAT 7A satellite, it will host new services for the rapidly growing AzamTV pay-TV platform.
News categories: EUTELSAT, Azam, Michel Azibert, Rhys Torrington, Burundi, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malawi, Rwanda, Satellite, South Sudan, Zambia, Zimbabwe
SmarDTV to develop CI+ CAMs for Azam Media in East Africa
Sep 9, 2014 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced a cooperation with Azam Media to develop CI+ conditional access modules (CAM) for its AzamTV (DTH) service currently in Tanzania and then across East Africa.
News categories: SmarDTV, Azam Media, Jerome Vial, Rhys Torrington, Africa, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, Smart TV, Tanzania
Azam TV DTH to launch in Tanzania on November 29
Nov 5, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Azam Media have announced the signature of a contract for capacity on EUTELSAT 7A. Azam Media will the satellite as the platform to broadcast its new TV venture, Azam TV, into sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Azam Media, Rhys Torrington, Jean-François Leprince-Ringuet, Digital TV, Satellite, Tanzania
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent
- Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
- Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance releases 1st set of specifications
- Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway
- Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Peninsular Malaysia to complete analogue TV switch-off on October 14th
- Insys Video Technologies adds three Polish cable operators
- ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
- OpenAP Market audience-based advertising platform launched
- Oregan Networks acquires Zenterio assets