Digital TV News: BBC Studios
ITV invests in BritBox Australia
Aug 20, 2020 – ITV SVOD Australia, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ITV plc, has agreed to invest AUD 17.7 million in The BritBox Australia Partnership over a period of three years. BBC Studios will be providing equal funding.
News categories: ITV plc, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
BritBox to launch in Australia
Mar 5, 2020 – BBC Studios has announced plans to launch BritBox in Australia. The SVOD streaming service will bring Australians British TV shows, and will add to the rollout of the service in North America and in the UK.
News categories: BBC Studios, ITV Studios, BritBox, Fiona Lang, Augustus Dulgaro, Australia, Digital TV, OTT
Synamedia appoints VP for Advanced Advertising and Data
Aug 27, 2019 – Synamedia has appointed Scott Kewley as VP Advanced Advertising and Data Products. Scott will lead Synamedia’s addressable advertising and data monetization business, building on the firm's collaboration with Sky on its AdSmart platform.
News categories: Synamedia, Scott Kewley, Jean-Marc Racine, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Discovery and BBC Studios planning global streaming service
Apr 1, 2019 – Discovery and BBC Studios have announced a series of agreements, with a content partnership spanning a library of factual series to power a new global streaming service, and a bespoke development deal for BBC Studios’ documentaries.
News categories: BBC Studios, Discovery, Inc, Tony Hall, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Worldwide
BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
Jan 17, 2019 – BritBox, the SVOD streaming service from BBC Studios, has announced that it is celebrating half million (500,000) subscribers, doubling year-on-year, as it ends its 22nd month in the U.S. and 11th month in Canada.
News categories: BritBox, BBC Studios, ITV, Soumya Sriraman, Ann Sarnoff, Martin Goswami, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Brightcove and Evergent provide TV-everywhere integration for BBC Player
Sep 14, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) and Evergent have announced their engagement with BBC Studios, enabling the company to seamlessly integrate and authenticate its BBC Player products with telecommunications providers globally.
News categories: Brightcove, Evergent, BBC Studios, Mark Blair, Vijay Sajja, Shad Hashmi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service