Digital TV News: BCC
Market for 4K UHD technologies exploding
Feb 19, 2018 – The huge growth forecast for 4K UHD global markets stems from the technology’s growing adoption, rising disposable incomes, technological advancements, expanding 4K content and increasing TV unit sales.
News categories: BCC Research, Anand Bhandari, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
VTK to introduce IPTV in Chechnya
May 13, 2014 – Vainakh Telecom has announced that it plans to launch IPTV in the Chechen Republic. The company has said that it is working with BCC on the installation, and that the service will have more than 120 channels.
News categories: VTK, BCC, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Russia
Global market for multimedia chipsets estimated at $19.8 billion in 2012
Jan 17, 2013 – The global market for multimedia chipsets was estimated to be worth $19.8 billion in 2012. At a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9%, the market is expected to grow to $27.7 billion by 2017. This growth will be primarily driven by the development of new multimedia technologies and a growing consumer base in Asia.
News categories: BCC Research, Market Research, Semiconductor
BitBand's Technology Powers Synterra's Advanced IPTV Services in Russia
Sep 9, 2007 – BitBand has announced that it has been selected to supply its IPTV Video Delivery Solution to the Russian alternative telecommunication operator Synterra.
News categories: BitBand, Synterra, BCC, IBC2020, IPTV, Russia
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi