Digital TV News: Beijing Gehua
iQIYI, Baidu and BGCTV launch Gehua Little Fruit Set Top Box
Sep 28, 2018 – iQIYI has announced the launch of the Gehua Little Fruit Set Top Box, developed in partnership with Baidu (NASDAQ: BIDU) and Beijing Gehua CATV Network (SSE: 600037). The AI-integrated TV box combines iQIYI's VOD content with BGCTV's cable TV services.
News categories: iQIYI, Baidu, Beijing Gehua CATV, Duan Youqiao, Ge Xingfei, Lu Dongtao, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Pay TV providers embrace OTT video and 'skinny' bundles
May 21, 2015 – The global pay TV services market, including cable TV, satellite TV, telco TV and over-the-top (OTT) video, totaled $237 billion in 2014, up 7 percent from the previous year, according to the 2015 IHS Infonetics Pay TV Services and Subscribers report.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Envivio powers Beijing Gehua CATV cloud video service
Aug 28, 2014 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ENVI) has announced that it has deployed its cloud video transcoding service in China for Beijing Gehua CATV Network (BGCTV), marking the first cloud-based multi-screen video service offered by a Chinese cable operator.
News categories: Envivio, Beijing Gehua, Julien Signès, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
China Digital TV announces strategic partnership with Beijing Gehua
Apr 16, 2014 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced that it has reached an agreement with Beijing Gehua CATV to establish a strategic partnership on cloud computing technology and related businesses.
News categories: China Digital TV, Beijing Gehua, Zhu Jianhua, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution
STMicroelectronics to Supply STB Chip to Beijing Gehua Cable TV Network
Oct 20, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that Beijing Gehua Cable Television Network, a cable TV operator in Beijing, China, has selected ST's integrated HD Cable Modem chip to deploy in set-top boxes to all of its subscribers.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gehua Cable, Cable Modem, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SNL Kagan Report Shows China to Become Asia's Top Pay-TV Economy in 2011
Jun 22, 2011 – An analysis of China's pay-TV market by SNL Kagan finds that while China has long been the world's largest multichannel market in terms of subscribers, 2011 revenues of $7.5 billion are set to rank China as the top pay-TV market in Asia.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, China, IPTV, Market Research
Digital cable TV subscribers in China passed 100 million in 2010
May 5, 2011 – Research and Markets has announced the addition of the 'China Digital TV Operation Report, 2010-2011' to their offering. According to the report, the number of cable digital television (DTV) subscribers in China reached 100.44 million in 2010.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Broadcom and Skyworth-Hitune Build HD Set-Top Boxes for Gehua Cable
Mar 22, 2010 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced a partnership with Skyworth-Hitune (HKSE: 0751), a leading Chinese set-top box (STB) manufacturer, to deliver high definition (HD) set-top boxes to Beijing Gehua Cable, a leading Chinese cable provider.
News categories: Broadcom, Skyworth, Gehua Cable, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
TCL to sell IDTV with Beijing Gehua CATV
Apr 15, 2009 – TCL (Shenzhen:000100) has announced that it has teamed up with Beijing Gehua CATV Network Co. Ltd. to sell an integrated digital television (IDTV) in Beijing.
News categories: TCL Corp, Gehua Cable, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Smart TV
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0