Digital TV News: Bell Labs
Nokia Spain becomes Gold Collaborator of 5TONIC Open 5G Lab
Jun 5, 2019 – Nokia Spain has become Gold Collaborator of the 5TONIC Open 5G Lab in Madrid. With Nokia Bell Labs it will work with Telefónica on the implementation of a testbed for Media & Entertainment use cases in the context of the European H2020 5G EVE project.
News categories: 5TONIC, Bell Labs, Telefónica, Arturo Azcorra, Alvaro Villegas, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, UX
G.fast set for nearly 29 million end users by 2021
Oct 17, 2016 – An Ovum report jointly commissioned by nbn and BT has predicted that new ultra-fast copper technology G.fast will be serving nearly 30 million subscriber homes and businesses around the world by 2021.
News categories: Ovum, nbn, Openreach, Matthew Howett, Dennis Steiger, Clive Selley, BBWF, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
Bell Labs opens video research facility in Cambridge, UK
Jul 17, 2014 – Bell Labs (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has opened a new 'antenna' office in Cambridge, UK tasked with research into real-time delivery of video to all types of connected devices, such as smartphones, games consoles, tablets, Smart TVs, and more.
News categories: Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Marcus Weldon, Bo Olofsson, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Games Console, IPTV, OTT, Smart TV, TV Everywhere, UK
Bell Labs and net mobile improve mobile video streaming reliability
Jun 17, 2014 – Bell Labs (Paris, NYSE: ALU) and net mobile (net-m) have reduced the probability of poor video streaming quality on the move with a new technology that can deliver a six-fold improvement over today’s streaming levels.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, net-m, Dieter Plassmann, Tod Sizer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, Worldwide
Alcatel-Lucent and China Mobile demonstrate first video conversation using 4G technology to connect locations in China and the United States
Aug 25, 2011 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris, NYSE: ALU) and China Mobile (NYSE: CHL; Hong Kong: 0941) have staged the first mobile broadband video call over a 4G LTE mobile network, to connect a fixed location and a car in Shanghai with Alcatel-Lucent offices in New Jersey.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, China Mobile, 5G, Mobile, OTT
Bell Labs achieves 300Mbps over just two traditional DSL lines
Apr 21, 2010 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that its research arm, Bell Labs, has successfully demonstrated a technology that boosts the transmission speeds achievable over just two digital subscriber lines (DSL).
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Broadband, Content Distribution, CPE, Digital TV
- 4C to power reach optimization on NBCUniversal's One Platform
- Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
- North American pay TV revenues to fall by $50 billion
- Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
- Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
- Video ad impressions on U.S. CTV triple in two years
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- NBCUniversal updates audience targeting and transaction models
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs