Digital TV News: Bell TV
Bell Canada offers world's first fully wireless 4K IPTV service
Aug 29, 2016 – Bell has announced the availability of the Home Hub 3000, offering the most powerful home Wi-Fi service in Canada, and the world's first fully wireless IPTV service with the Wireless 4K Whole Home PVR from Fibe TV.
News categories: Bell Canada, Rizwan Jamal, Canada, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Router
Bell becomes Canada's largest TV provider
Nov 4, 2015 – Bell has announced that the popularity of Fibe TV has made Bell TV the largest provider of television services in Canada for the first time, with more than 2.7 million TV customers across the country.
News categories: Bell Canada, George Cope, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Subscribers
BCE adds 42,190 TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 5, 2015 – BCE (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has reported BCE and Bell Q4 and 2014 results. In Q4 2014, BCE (Bell Canada and Bell Aliant) added 42,190 TV subscribers. At the end of 2014, BCE served a total of 2,642,608 TV subscribers.
News categories: BCE, Bell Aliant, Canada, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
TELUS, Bell Canada, and Bell Aliant sign up to 'Project Latte' streaming
Nov 5, 2014 – Bell Media has announced that it has reached distribution deals with TELUS, Bell Canada, and Bell Aliant to deliver its video streaming service, code-named 'Project Latte'. 'Project Latte' is to open to every TV provider in Canada.
News categories: Bell Media, TELUS, Bell Canada, Bell Aliant, Kevin Crull, David Fuller, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite
Bell Wireline adds 122,000 TV subscribers in 2013
Feb 6, 2014 – BCE (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has reported Q4 results. Bell Fibe TV added 60,301 net new customers, up 25.0% compared to 48,234 in Q4 2012. Bell Satellite TV losses were 24,112 in the quarter.
News categories: BCE Inc, Canada, IPTV, Mobile, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
IPTV revives growth in Canada's pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
Nov 12, 2013 – Canada’s publicly traded TV service providers added television subscribers in the third quarter of 2013 thanks to record growth of IPTV, reversing a trend of cumulative losses in each of the previous three quarters.
News categories: Boon Dog Professional Services, Mario Mota, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Bell Mobile TV welcomes one millionth subscriber
Sep 17, 2013 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has welcomed its one millionth subscriber to Bell Mobile TV, the wireless data service that offers on-the-go access to more than 40 channels of live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's TV programming.
News categories: Bell Canada, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Subscribers
Watch TV anywhere with the new Bell TV app
Aug 19, 2013 – Bell Canada has announced the launch of its Bell TV app that lets customers watch popular channels that they receive in their programming package at home on tablet or smartphones at no extra charge.
News categories: Bell Canada, Apps, Canada, IPTV, Mobile, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Cord-cutting in Canada's traditional TV service market accelerates in Q2 2013
Aug 13, 2013 – Canada's publicly traded television service providers lost an estimated 19,624 TV subscribers combined in the second quarter of 2013, according to new research from Ottawa-based research and consulting firm Boon Dog Professional Services.
News categories: Boon Dog Professional Services, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019