Digital TV News: Boeing
AMOS-17 successfully launched
Aug 7, 2019 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has confirmed the successful launch of its AMOS-17 satellite en route to its 17°E orbital position. AMOS-17 has C-Band HTS, Ka-band and Ku-band capabilities. During the next weeks, the satellite will begin its testing processes in orbit.
News categories: Spacecom, David Pollack, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Intelsat reports Intelsat 29e satellite failure
Apr 18, 2019 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that the previously disclosed anomaly has resulted in the total loss of Intelsat 29e. A failure review board has been convened with the satellite’s manufacturer, Boeing, to complete a comprehensive analysis of the cause.
News categories: Intelsat, Content Distribution, Latin America, North America, Satellite
Twitter announces over 30 premium video content deals
Apr 30, 2018 – Twitter has returned to the Digital Content NewFronts with an expanded slate of live and original video programming. Over 30 new collaborations and renewals were announced across entertainment, news, sports, gaming and beyond.
News categories: Twitter, Matthew Derella, Kay Madati, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV, USA
Ariane 5 orbits Intelsat 37e and BSAT-4a satellites
Sep 29, 2017 – Arianespace has orbited telecommunications satellites for its long-time customers. The mission carried Intelsat 37e for Intelsat, along with BSAT-4a which was launched as part of a turnkey contract between Japan’s B-SAT and SSL.
News categories: Arianespace, Intelsat, B-SAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
Intelsat 35e launches successfully
Jul 6, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of the Intelsat 35e satellite, the fourth of the Intelsat EpicNG high throughput satellites. Intelsat 35e includes a payload for the DTH services of Canal+ in the Caribbean.
News categories: Intelsat, Stephen Spengler, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
ABS-2A satellite enters service
Jan 23, 2017 – Boeing [NYSE: BA] has announced that ABS-2A, a satellite built for ABS, has entered into commercial operation providing services, including DTH TV, to customers in Africa, the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, South Asia and South East Asia.
News categories: Boeing, ABS, Mark Spiwak, Tom Choi, Africa, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Russia, Satellite
EUTELSAT 117 West B placed into orbit
Jun 15, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has confirmed the successful launch of its EUTELSAT 117 West B satellite. The satellite was ferried into space by a Falcon 9 rocket that took off from SpaceX’s complex in Cape Canaveral and parked EUTELSAT 117 West B in a supersynchronous orbit.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Latin America, Satellite
SES-9 successfully launched on SpaceX Falcon 9
Mar 5, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that its SES-9 satellite was successfully launched into space on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-9 is planned to commence its services in the third quarter of this year.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Satellite
SES-9 launch expected on February 24, 2016
Feb 8, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it is targeting a 24 February 2016 launch date for its SES-9 satellite. SES-9 will be positioned at 108.2°E to provide capacity for a video neighbourhood over Asia.
News categories: SES S.A, Asia, Content Distribution, Indonesia, Philippines, Satellite
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software