Digital TV News: Bold
ITV launches Planet V addressable advertising platform
Oct 5, 2020 – ITV's advertising platform, Planet V has gone live. Planet V gives advertisers and agencies control over the planning, purchasing and reporting of their campaigns across ITV’s VOD service, the ITV Hub.
News categories: ITV, Amobee, Rhys McLachlan, Ryan Jamboretz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, UK
StarHub TV+ service and set-top box launched
Sep 10, 2020 – StarHub has announced StarHub TV+ is an all-in-one offering giving customers streaming services, apps and TV programmes through a single platform. The service is supported by a new StarHub TV+ Box bsaed on Android TV.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Singapore, TV Everywhere
NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
Aug 4, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Grupo Express has selected NAGRA to enable NOW Express, a multiscreen OTT streaming service for its set-top box and mobile customers in Argentina.
News categories: NAGRA, Grupo Express, Bold MSS, Xavier Fustagueras, Gabriel Forenza, Ariel Droyeski, Argentina, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
Jul 29, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Yes (TASE: BEZQ) is deploying Synamedia’s end-to-end video network portfolio to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency for its cloud-based, internet-only TV services in Israel.
News categories: Synamedia, 'Yes', Yves Padrines, Itzhak Elyakim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel
Advanced video ad formats show 335% higher engagement rate
Apr 29, 2020 – An Innovid study reveals that nearly half of advertisers use advanced video ad formats, driving a 335% higher engagement rate when compared to standard pre-roll ads. Additionally, CTV impressions and engagement has seen a 67% increase YoY.
News categories: Innovid, Zvika Netter, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
UK audiences favour traditional TV channels despite multitude of digital choices
Mar 17, 2020 – Over half of UK households say they mainly watch programmes on the five traditional channels, up from 46% two years earlier, according to a survey by EY. The findings highlight the enduring importance of the UK’s terrestrial channels.
News categories: EY, Martyn Whistler, Praveen Shankar, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Sky bundles Sky Q with Netflix for £25pm
Mar 4, 2020 – Sky has launched Sky Ultimate TV on Sky Q - a bundle that brings together Sky shows and Netflix for £25 a month. Sky Q also includes live TV, catch-Up TV, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub and All 4, as well as apps like YouTube, Spotify and XITE.
News categories: Sky, Liz Wynn, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, UK
Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
Nov 13, 2019 – Netflix and Nickelodeon have announced that they have made a deal to produce original animated feature films and television series - based both on the Nickelodeon library of characters as well as new IP - for kids and families around the world.
News categories: Netflix, Nickelodeon, Melissa Cobb, Brian Robbins, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
NAGRA enables cloud-based OTT for Montecable in Uruguay
Sep 13, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Montecable has deployed NAGRA's cloud-based Conax GO Live solution to enable new features for its pay-TV service in Uruguay, including Android TV support and video-on-demand (VOD).
News categories: NAGRA, Montecable, BOLD MSS, Tom Wirth, Federico Carballal, Ariel Droyeski, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, TV Everywhere, Uruguay
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024