Digital TV News: BroadcastAsia
ALi and Mware integrate STB IPTV OTT middleware
May 20, 2015 – ALi Corporation has announced an IP Set-top-box integrating Mware middleware on ALi’s M3912 platform. The strategic collaboration between ALi and Mware delivers a turnkey end-to-end operation solution.
News categories: ALi Corp, Mware, Tony Chang, Sander Kerstens, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DVB demonstrates UHD and mobile over DVB-T2 at BroadcastAsia
Jun 16, 2014 – This year at Broadcast Asia, visitors to the DVB stand can witness DVB-T2 being used to deliver a wide range of resolutions from UHD down to the smaller screen resolutions for mobile devices including smartphones.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter Siebert, ConnecTechAsia, DVB-T2, Mobile, Terrestrial, Worldwide
First ever UHDTV 4K transmission with DVB-S2X
Jun 10, 2014 – Newtec and MEASAT are to deliver a world premier at the CommunicAsia show (17-20 June 2014) with satellite transmission of 4K UHDTV video distributed using the new DVB-S2X transmission standard.
News categories: Newtec, MEASAT, Raj Malik, Steven Soenens, Mario Querner, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Malaysia, Satellite, Singapore
ENENSYS provides DVB-T2 system for Thailand's TV 5
Jun 3, 2014 – ENENSYS has announced that it has supplied its OneBeam solution to Thai TV5 for digital terrestrial TV. The DVB-T2 network has launched with transmitters in the cities of Bangkok, Nakhon Ratchasima, Chiang Mai and Songkhla.
News categories: ENENSYS, TV 5, Yosapon Meeprom, Colin Prior, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Thailand
HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
Jun 19, 2013 – Three HbbTV technology vendors have combined their knowledge and products to present an HbbTV toolbox for broadcasters at BroadcastAsia. The partnership is between Screen, Icareus and Digisoft.tv.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Icareus, Screen Systems, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, HbbTV, Middleware
IGLOO Partners with Irdeto to Launch New TV Offering
Jun 20, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that IGLOO, a new television offering launched as a joint venture between SKY and TVNZ, has selected Irdeto Cloaked CA to securely deliver premium content over the new TV service.
News categories: Irdeto, IGLOO, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Terrestrial
MediaScape adds satellite capacity for Cignal TV in the Philippines
Jun 20, 2012 – SES (Paris; LuxX: SESG) has announced a new agreement with MediaScape to provide additional capacity on the SES-7 satellite. The additional capacity will enable MediaScape to ramp up its Cignal TV DTH offering to 15 HD and 51 SD channels.
News categories: SES S.A., Cignal TV, ConnecTechAsia, Philippines, Satellite, Subscribers
Envivio Selected for StarHub's HDTV, Mobile and OTT Video Service Expansion
Jun 20, 2012 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced that the Envivio 4Caster™ encoders powered by Envivio Muse™ software have been deployed by StarHub for HDTV, OTT and mobile TV services. StarHub serves more than 544,000 TV households in Singapore.
News categories: Envivio, StarHub, Cable TV, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, OTT, Singapore, Subscribers, Tablet
Global IPTV subscribers grow by 3.8 million in Q1 2012 to 65.6 million
Jun 20, 2012 – According to figures published by the Broadband Forum and prepared by Point Topic, IPTV now has 65.6 million subscribers globally, up 3.8 million in the quarter. China added over three times as many IPTV subscribers in the quarter as any other country.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020