Digital TV News: Bulsatcom
Bulgaria Sat selects Ericsson to enable UHDTV across the Balkans
Sep 15, 2017 – Bulgaria Sat has selected Ericsson to deliver media processing hardware which will help deliver Standard Definition (SD), High Definition (HD) and 4K channels to TV subscribers across the region.
News categories: Ericsson, Bulgaria Sat, Arpad Jordan, Maxim Zayakov, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite
SSL selected to provide DTH satellite for Bulgaria Sat
Sep 8, 2014 – Space Systems/Loral has announced that it has been selected to provide a communications satellite for Bulgaria Sat. The satellite, which will carry DTH TV in the Balkan region, will be Bulgaria Sat's first dedicated satellite.
News categories: Space Systems/Loral, Bulsatcom, John Celli, Maxim Zayakov, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
DTH TV platforms to pass $100 Billion in revenues this year
Nov 12, 2013 – Euroconsult has announced the release of its yearly reference report on satellite television. The 202 million DTH subscribers in over 100 countries (early in 2013) will result in over $100 billion in revenues this year.
News categories: Euroconsult, Pacôme Révillon, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
RomTelecom finishes 3Q09 with 831,000 DTH subscribers
Nov 5, 2009 – The OTE Group (Athens: HTO, NYSE: OTE) has announced results for the quarter ended September 30, 2009. In Romania, RomTelecom's DTH subscribers passed 831,000 in the quarter and a new IPTV project is to be launched in the coming months.
News categories: RomTelecom, OTE Group, Greece, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
Hellas Sat acquires licence for Greek DTH
Aug 3, 2009 – A contract between Hellas Sat, part of the OTE Group (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE), and the Hellenic Republic has been signed. Under the agreement OTE Group receives a licence to provide subscriber TV services in Greece through its satellite Hellas Sat 2.
News categories: OTE Group, Hellas Sat, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite, Subscribers
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA