Digital TV News: BuyDRM
Telia CLOUDY CDN deploys the BuyDRM KeyOS multi-DRM platform
Sep 14, 2017 – Telia’s self-service cloud video platform for live and VOD content Cloudy CDN, has selected BuyDRM to provide DaaS (DRM as a Service) using BuyDRM’s KeyOS MultiKey Service. CLOUDY provides a cloud-based video platform for the OTT market.
News categories: BuyDRM, Telia, Christopher Levy, Norberts Ositis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Latvia, OTT
Mware CloudTV utilizing BuyDRM's MultiKey DRM-as-a-Service
Aug 31, 2017 – Mware’s turn-key end-to-end OTT IPTV Middleware solution CloudTV is now utilizing BuyDRM’s MultiKey Service to provide DaaS (DRM as a Service). CloudTV provides streamlined integration between the various components including the CDN, transcoding, middleware and UI.
News categories: BuyDRM, Mware, Christopher Levy, Sanders Kerstens, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, Worldwide
BuyDRM announces Encryption in The Cloud as a Service
Aug 23, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced the release of its KeyOS CloudPack Encryption as a Service (EaaS) platform. The CloudPack service enables content owners, licensees, and distributors to use BuyDRM’s KeyOS Multi-DRM platform in their cloud of choice including Amazon Web Services, Google Media Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
News categories: BuyDRM, Christopher Levy, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Fandor selects BuyDRM to protect its streaming service
Aug 2, 2017 – Fandor has selected BuyDRM to provide DaaS (DRM as a Service) for Fandor’s streaming service, securing their VOD content using BuyDRM’s KeyOS MultiKey Service. Fandor operates as a subscription service that features over 5,000 independent films from around the world.
News categories: BuyDRM, Fandor, Christopher Levy, Michael Tuszynski, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, USA
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
EBU Initiates First Large Scale MPEG-DASH Trial For London Olympics
Jul 31, 2012 – The commercial deployment of the MPEG-DASH standard is one step closer with the first live public trial. The DASH Promoters Group is facilitating live MPEG-DASH streaming of the 2012 London Olympics to demonstrate the benefits of the standard.
News categories: Belgium, Digital TV, OTT
Microsoft Announces Media Services Platform and Architectural Guidance for the Cloud
Apr 16, 2012 – At NAB 2012, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) announced new media services and guidance to enable content providers and customers to realize the power of cloud computing.
News categories: Microsoft, Azure Media Services, Content Distribution, NABShow, OTT
Industry Players Unite to Promote MPEG-DASH Adaptive Streaming
Feb 22, 2012 – A group of technology leaders has announced the creation of the DASH Promoters Group, a new organization dedicated to driving the broad adoption of MPEG's DASH (dynamic adaptive streaming over HTTP) standard, which was ratified in November 2011.
News categories: DASH Promoters Group, OTT
Microsoft Smooth Streaming Provides True High-Definition Video Delivery
Apr 20, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has released Smooth Streaming, a feature of Internet Information Services (IIS) Media Services. IIS Media Services is an HTTP-based media delivery platform that includes extensions for measuring, monetizing and caching media.
News categories: IIS, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, OTT
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025
- All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
- ZTE joins Netflix Hailstorm set top box program
- fuboTV announces closing of Public Offering
- COVID-19 pandemic accelerates cord-cutting in 2020
- Household media spend stabilized in Sweden in Q3
- G-Core Labs introduces global streaming platform
- EMEA Smart Home market expected to rebound in 2H 2020
- Freeview Play launches on Amazon Fire TV Edition
- 3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente