Digital TV News: CANAL+ Group
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
NAGRA and CANAL+ renew and expand content protection partnership
Sep 14, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and CANAL+ Group have announced that they have renewed and expanded their content protection partnership. NAGRA will provide the operator with conditional access systems while also delivering a new range of anti-piracy services.
News categories: NAGRA, CANAL+ Group, Thierry Legrand, Philippe Rivas, Africa, Caribbean, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Madagascar, Mauritius, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Vietnam
Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment formed to reduce online piracy
Jun 13, 2017 – Thirty content creators and on-demand entertainment companies from around the world have launched the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), a global coalition dedicated to protecting the legal market for creative content and reducing online piracy.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Vivendi selects Streamroot for OTT video delivery
Apr 21, 2017 – Streamroot has announced that it has entered into an agreement to help Vivendi deliver large-scale OTT video content. Vivendi is implementing Streamroot DNA to improve quality of experience and cut operating costs.
News categories: Streamroot, Canal+ Group, Vivendi, Pierre-Louis Théron, Philippe Rivas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, OTT, Satellite
SES and CANAL+ in long-term capacity agreement
Dec 16, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) and CANAL+ Group have confirmed the signature of a long-term, multi-year, multi-transponder framework agreement for SES satellite capacity in both France and Africa.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+ Group, Ferdinand Kayser, Sylvain Géron, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite
Canal+ France subscribers down 542k; International up 505k in year to end-3Q 2016
Nov 9, 2016 – Vivendi has released financial statements for the first nine months of 2016. Canal+ Group had a total of 11 million individual subscribers, a year-on-year decrease of 19,000.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, Vincent Bolloré, Africa, France, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
CANAL+ Group revamps TV packages
Oct 13, 2016 – CANAL+ Group is revamping its TV packages. The Group is introducing a simpler choice of options under the CANAL brand. The CANALSAT brand will be phased out with the new offers being launched on November 15.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, Digital TV, France, Satellite
IROKO+ Nollywood app launches in Francophone Africa
Feb 22, 2016 – CANAL+ GROUP and iROKO are launching the IROKO+ SVOD service for French-speaking Africa. The Android app will be available across all of French Speaking Africa, bringing Nollywood and Télénovela content to millions of Francophone entertainment fans.
News categories: CANAL+ GROUP, iROKO, Africa, Apps, Mobile, Nigeria, OTT
Canal+ international subscriptions compensate losses in France
Nov 10, 2015 – Vivendi has released financial statements for the first nine months of 2015. Canal+ Group had a total of 15.4 million subscriptions, a year-on-year increase of 619,000. Canal+ Group’s pay-TV activities in France are confronted with a particularly difficult economic and competitive environment.
News categories: Vivendi, France, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0