Digital TV News: CBS Corp
CBS and Viacom to combine
Aug 13, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A, CBS) and Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB) have agreed to merge. The combined company, ViacomCBS, will be a global, multiplatform, premium content company, with the assets, capabilities and scale to be one of the most important content producers and providers in the world.
News categories: Viacom, CBS, Bob Bakish, Joe Ianniello, Shari Redstone, Digital TV, MnA, USA, Worldwide
CBS partners with AI-powered consumer insights platform Canvs
Mar 1, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS and CBS.A) has announced that it will integrate Canvs Surveys, an AI-powered platform to automate the coding of open-ended responses to survey questions. Using Canvs Surveys, CBS can measure the efficacy of ads and benchmark future programs' successes.
News categories: Canvs, CBS, Jared Feldman, Radha Subramanyam, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
CBS renews audience measurement with Nielsen
Jan 12, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) and Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) have announced an agreement for Nielsen national, digital and local audience measurement. The renewal encompasses a range of services.
News categories: Nielsen, CBS Corp, David Kenny, Joe Ianniello, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
CBS And Nielsen collaborate on dynamic ad insertion in live broadcasts
May 14, 2018 – CBS and Nielsen have announced that they are working on a collaboration that will deliver Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) in live linear national broadcast television, helping to actualize and progress addressable advertising.
News categories: CBS, Nielsen, Jo Ann Ross, Peter Bradbury, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
CBS All Access launches in Canada
Apr 23, 2018 – CBS All Access, CBS’ direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand service, has launched in Canada, marking its first expansion into an international market.
News categories: CBS Interactive, CBS All Access, Marc DeBevoise, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
CBS launches 24/7 direct-to-consumer streaming network for sports
Feb 26, 2018 – CBS has launched CBS SPORTS HQ, a 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The new digital network is a collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive.
News categories: CBS Corp, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Sean McManus, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
fuboTV passes 100k subscribers
Oct 10, 2017 – fuboTV has passed the 100,000 subscriber milestone. Originally launching in January 2015 as a streaming soccer destination, fuboTV has built a new over-the-top (OTT) live service that offers fans the most sports for the least money.
News categories: fuboTV, David Gandler, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
CBS to use Nielsen out-of-home measurement
Sep 21, 2017 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that CBS (NYSE: CBS.A; CBS) has subscribed to Nielsen's National Out-of-Home Reporting Service. The agreement provides CBS with ratings for all programming and commercial content that aired on the Network for live plus seven days of time-shifted viewing.
News categories: Nielsen, CBS Corp, Peter Bradbury, David F. Poltrack, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system