Digital TV News: CBS Interactive
Over 50% of U.S. broadband households subscribe to an OTT video service
Apr 9, 2015 – Research from Parks Associates has found that 57% of consumers in U.S. broadband households subscribe to an OTT video service. The research firm reports that the average U.S. broadband household spends $9 per month on Internet video, up from $7 in 2012.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
CBS offers its programmes direct to consumers
Oct 16, 2014 – CBS has announced the launch of CBS All Access, a digital subscription video on demand and Nielsen-measured live streaming service for the CBS Television Network.
News categories: CBS Corp, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Marc DeBevoise, Peter Dunn, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes Enable Operators and Broadcasters for Internet Video Battleground
Sep 29, 2010 – With an Internet Protocol (IP) link coming in to nearly every possible consumer electronics device with a screen, hybrid Web-to-TV set top boxes (STB) will be vital tools that enable broadcasters and operators to compete, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
AT&T Launches Entertainment Website With Online TV Content and Movies
Sep 10, 2009 – AT&T has announced the launch of AT&T Entertainment, a Web site that lets you watch thousands of streaming TV shows and movies on your PC. The content is provided by content providers including ABC, NBC, CBS and dozens more.
News categories: AT&T, OTT, USA
Microsoft Releases Silverlight 2, Already Reaching One in Four Consumers Worldwide
Oct 13, 2008 – Microsoft(Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced the availability of Silverlight 2, one of the industry's most comprehensive and powerful solutions for the creation and delivery of applications and media experiences through a Web browser.
News categories: Silverlight, Soyatec, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Software
Intel® and Yahoo!® to Bring the Internet to Television
Aug 20, 2008 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) and Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) have previewed plans for the Widget Channel, a television (TV) application framework optimized for TV and related consumer electronics (CE) devices that use the Intel Architecture.
News categories: Intel Corp, Yahoo!, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV
The Launch of Hulu Signals a New Phase in the Broadband Video Market; but Risks Exist for Large TV Networks in an Online World
Nov 5, 2007 – Recent news concerning NBC and News Corporation's Hulu joint-venture includes the launch of its recent site in beta mode, signaling that the broadband video market has entered into a new phase.
News categories: ABI Research, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet