Digital TV News: COMSTAR-UTS
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
COMSTAR broadcasts TV to the PC screen
Mar 22, 2010 – COMSTAR-UTS (LSE: CMST) has announced the launch of a new service - 'STREAM TV on PC'. Now STREAM IPTV subscribers have an opportunity to watch TV on the screens of their personal computers.
News categories: COMSTAR, IPTV, OTT, Russia
Edgeware Powers COMSTAR Time-Shift TV Service in Russia
Mar 22, 2010 – Edgeware has announced that COMSTAR-UTS (LSE: CMST) has deployed Edgeware's video delivery solution to power its Time-shift TV service in Russia.
News categories: Edgeware, COMSTAR, Content Distribution, IPTV, Russia
NDS Launches EPG Framework to Give Pay-TV Operators Control of the User Experience
Sep 2, 2009 – NDS has announced NDS EPG Framework™, an end-to-end infrastructure developed to enable broadcasters to design, deploy and manage their own Electronic Programme Guides (EPG) cost-effectively.
News categories: NDS Group, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box
COMSTAR-UTS To Test Cable TV In Olympic Games Capital
Mar 25, 2009 – COMSTAR-UTS has announced that they plan to develop cable TV and broadband Internet access services in the city of Sochi. Commercial launch of cable TV is preliminarily scheduled for Q2 2009.
News categories: COMSTAR-UTS, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia
Comstar-UTS Selects New NDS Master UI™ to Enrich IPTV in Russia
Mar 16, 2009 – NDS has announced that COMSTAR-United TeleSystems (LSE: CMST) is the first customer to deploy NDS Master UI™, a user interface that transforms the way content and features are presented on screen and enhances the way users interact with them.
News categories: NDS Group, Comstar-UTS, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
COMSTAR-UTS Launches IPTV For Mass Market
Feb 25, 2009 – COMSTAR-UTS (LSE: CMST) has announced that Moscow City Telephone Network (MGTS), a member of COMSTAR-UTS, has launched interactive digital Internet TV services (IPTV). MGTS provides IPTV services as an agent of COMSTAR.
News categories: COMSTAR-UTS, Moscow City Telephone Network, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
Comstar-UTS starts provisioning of internet TV service in Rostov-on-Don
Aug 1, 2008 – COMSTAR-UTS (LSE: CMST) has announced that CJSC Digital Telephone Networks - South (DTN) has started commercial provisioning of digital interactive internet-TV services (IP-TV) in Rostov-on-Don from the 1st of August, 2008.
News categories: COMSTAR-UTS, DTN, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Set Top Box
Comstar Broadband Internet Subscriber Base in Russia up 14% In The First Quarter
Apr 28, 2008 – The total number of COMSTAR-UTS (LSE: CMST) pay-TV subscribers in Russia increased by 8% to 241,000 subscribers by the end of the quarter, including 130,000 in Moscow, an increase from 122,000 at the end of 2007.
News categories: Comstar, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Subscribers
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
- Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
- VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
- U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024