Digital TV News: CONtv
Cinedigm launching nine streaming networks on FreeCast’s SelectTV
Jun 24, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with North American OTT streaming company FreeCast to bring nine of Cinedigm’s popular streaming networks to FreeCast's streaming service SelectTV.
News categories: Cinedigm, FreeCast, Erick Opeka, Tracy West, Digital TV, North America, OTT
VIZIO selects Cinedigm as app development partner for Smartcast TVs
Feb 4, 2020 – VIZIO has selected Matchpoint Blueprint from Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) as a preferred development platform for video streaming apps on its SmartCast TVs, opening the door for content partners to quickly bring new applications and programming to the VIZIO platform.
News categories: Cinedigm, VIZIO, Tony Huidor, Katherine Pond, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
Jan 16, 2019 – Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI) has announced the launch of STIRR, a free, ad-supported streaming service that includes access to popular channels, a VoD library and a local channel featuring programming based on a user's location.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, STIRR, Christopher Ripley, Adam Ware, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Cinedigm selects Amagi cloud playout to bring CONtv to Twitch
Feb 22, 2018 – Amagi has announced that Cinedigm (NASDAQ:CIDM) has deployed the company’s cloud-based channel playout platform, CLOUDPORT, to bring its CONtv channel to the popular social video service Twitch.
News categories: Amagi, Cinedigm, CONtv, Srinivasan KA, Erick Opeka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Axinom CMS selected to power Cinedigm OTT
May 10, 2017 – Axinom is helping power OTT video streaming services for Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM). With Axinom CMS, Cinedigm is able to automate and simplify their content management workflows enabling them to easily manage multiple OTT channels.
News categories: Axinom, Cinedigm, Ralph Wagner, Tony Huidor, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Cinedigm extends device support to Chromecast, Android TV and Amazon Fire
Mar 31, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced plans to extend the availability of its OTT services by supporting Google’s Chromecast and Android TV Platforms, as well as Amazon Fire TV for the first time.
News categories: Cinedigm, Erick Opeka, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Amazon announces Streaming Partners Program
Dec 8, 2015 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has launched its Streaming Partners Program, an over-the-top streaming subscription program for video providers that enables them to reach tens of millions of Prime members.
News categories: Amazon, Showtime Networks, Starz, Michael Paull, David Nevins, Chris Albrecht, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA, Worldwide
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025