Digital TV News: CONtv
VIZIO selects Cinedigm as app development partner for Smartcast TVs
Feb 4, 2020 – VIZIO has selected Matchpoint Blueprint from Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) as a preferred development platform for video streaming apps on its SmartCast TVs, opening the door for content partners to quickly bring new applications and programming to the VIZIO platform.
News categories: Cinedigm, VIZIO, Tony Huidor, Katherine Pond, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
Jan 16, 2019 – Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI) has announced the launch of STIRR, a free, ad-supported streaming service that includes access to popular channels, a VoD library and a local channel featuring programming based on a user's location.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, STIRR, Christopher Ripley, Adam Ware, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Cinedigm selects Amagi cloud playout to bring CONtv to Twitch
Feb 22, 2018 – Amagi has announced that Cinedigm (NASDAQ:CIDM) has deployed the company’s cloud-based channel playout platform, CLOUDPORT, to bring its CONtv channel to the popular social video service Twitch.
News categories: Amagi, Cinedigm, CONtv, Srinivasan KA, Erick Opeka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Axinom CMS selected to power Cinedigm OTT
May 10, 2017 – Axinom is helping power OTT video streaming services for Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM). With Axinom CMS, Cinedigm is able to automate and simplify their content management workflows enabling them to easily manage multiple OTT channels.
News categories: Axinom, Cinedigm, Ralph Wagner, Tony Huidor, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Cinedigm extends device support to Chromecast, Android TV and Amazon Fire
Mar 31, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced plans to extend the availability of its OTT services by supporting Google’s Chromecast and Android TV Platforms, as well as Amazon Fire TV for the first time.
News categories: Cinedigm, Erick Opeka, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Amazon announces Streaming Partners Program
Dec 8, 2015 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has launched its Streaming Partners Program, an over-the-top streaming subscription program for video providers that enables them to reach tens of millions of Prime members.
News categories: Amazon, Showtime Networks, Starz, Michael Paull, David Nevins, Chris Albrecht, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA, Worldwide
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019