Digital TV News: CRTC
Canada's CRTC releases Communications Monitoring Report
Nov 8, 2017 – Canadians are increasingly turning to platforms and devices connected to the Internet for their video and audio content, according to the CRTC. Canadians aged 18-34 years old are leading the trend with 23% watching TV exclusively online.
News categories: CRTC, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Distributel acquires Canadian IPTV provider Zazeen
Nov 2, 2017 – Distributel Communications has announced that it has received CRTC approval to acquire 100% of Zazeen. Distributel was Canada's first major independent ISP to offer television services, which are now available across Ontario and Quebec.
News categories: Distributel, Zazeen, Matt Stein, Sandro Henriques, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA
Rogers TV subscribers down 13,000 in 4Q 2016
Jan 26, 2017 – Rogers Communications has announced results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2016. Cable revenue increased marginally as internet revenue growth exceeded the decline in Television and Phone revenue.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, IPTV, Results, Smart Home, Subscribers
Canada pay TV industry announces STB efficiency agreement
Jan 17, 2017 – Canadian Pay TV service providers along with set-top box manufacturers have finalized a voluntary agreement committing themselves to improving the energy efficiency of set-top boxes.
News categories: CEEVA, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box
The CRTC wants Canadians to take back control of their TV services
Nov 21, 2016 – The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has set out best practices for TV service providers to ensure Canadians are offered real choice regarding their services and have information about their options.
News categories: CRTC, Jean-Pierre Blais, Canada, Digital TV, Regulation
CRTC releases report on the broadcasting sector in Canada
Oct 25, 2016 – Canada's CRTC has released a report that shows how the viewing and listening habits of Canadians are transforming the broadcasting industry. Canadians are consuming more audio and video content on digital media and over devices connected to the Internet.
News categories: CRTC, Jean-Pierre Blais, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay TV subscriptions continue to decline in Canada
Jul 12, 2016 – The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has released statistical and financial information on Canadian cable, IPTV and satellite companies for the year ending on August 31, 2015.
News categories: CRTC, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
TV packaging rules come into force in Canada
Mar 1, 2016 – Canadians can now subscribe to an affordable basic television package that costs no more than $25 per month. They will also have the option of supplementing this package with additional channels, either individually or in bundles of up to 10 channels.
News categories: CRTC, Jean Pierre Blais, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Regulation, Satellite
Canadians increasingly consuming video on mobile devices
Oct 29, 2015 – The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has released the final part of the 2015 Communications Monitoring Report, which provides information on the state of the broadcasting industry in Canada.
News categories: CRTC, Jean-Pierre Blais, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic