Digital TV News: CTA
CES 2021 moves to an all-digital experience
Jul 28, 2020 – The CTA has announced that CES 2021 will be an all-digital experience. The format will allow participants to hear from technology innovators, see cutting-edge technologies and the latest product launches, and engage with global brands and startups from around the world.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2021, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
May 18, 2020 – FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr has announced that the FCC will vote on his plan to promote the build out of Broadcast Internet services, enabled by ATSC 3.0 and delivered over an efficient one-to-many architecture.
News categories: FCC, Dennis Wharton, Jamie Susskind, ATSC 3.0, Broadband, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
LG introduces ATSC 3.0-enabled OLED TVs in USA
Jan 8, 2020 – LG, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television standard, is ushering in the era of NEXTGEN TV with the introduction of six advanced new LG OLED TV models equipped to receive new services with enhanced content, pictures and sound.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
U.S. consumer technology sales to hit $422 billion in 2020
Jan 5, 2020 – Skyrocketing popularity of streaming services and wireless earbuds along with 5G connectivity and AI-enabled devices will drive revenue growth for the U.S. consumer tech industry to a record $422 billion in retail revenues in 2020, according to the CTA.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0 takes center stage at CES 2020
Jan 3, 2020 – NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0, will be one of the key technologies highlighted at CES. The first U.S. consumer receivers with integrated NEXTGEN TV are expected to be announced, highlighting the key consumer benefits of the system.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
LG to unveil 2020 8K TV lineup with next-gen AI at CES
Jan 3, 2020 – LG Electronics will introduce its expanded 8K TV lineup next week at CES 2020 – eight TVs with new 77- and 65-inch class models joining LG's existing 88- and 75-inch screen sizes. Every model exceeds the 8K Ultra HD definition set by the CTA.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
LG first to exceed CTA's requirements for 8K Ultra HD TVs
Dec 16, 2019 – LG Electronics (LG) has announced that its TVs are the first in the world to exceed the requirements established by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) to define the new generation of 8K Ultra HD products and services.
News categories: LG Electronics, Consumer Technology Association, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
'NEXTGEN TV' announced as go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0
Sep 26, 2019 – The CTA has announced 'NEXTGEN TV' as the go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0 technology. The association also unveiled a NEXTGEN TV logo for devices meeting newly developed ATSC 3.0 interoperability test specifications.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, John Taylor, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
Sep 18, 2019 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) and its member companies have announced the official industry display definition and logo for 8K Ultra High-Definition (UHD) televisions – for use beginning with 2020 model products.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020