Digital TV News: CTA
CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
Sep 18, 2019 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) and its member companies have announced the official industry display definition and logo for 8K Ultra High-Definition (UHD) televisions – for use beginning with 2020 model products.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
Aug 13, 2019 – Consumers saved approximately $1.6 billion in energy costs in 2018 alone as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among pay-TV providers, manufacturers, energy efficiency advocates and the CTA and NCTA.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, NCTA, Natural Resources Defense Council, Doug Johnson, Neal Goldberg, Noah Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
Jul 15, 2019 – The growing popularity of streaming services, artificial intelligence (AI)-enabled emerging devices and in-vehicle technology will help drive the U.S. consumer tech industry to a record-breaking $401 billion in retail revenues in 2019, according to the CTA.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Smart Speakers see largest gain in U.S. household ownership
May 9, 2019 – One-third of U.S. homes (31%) now own a smart speaker – up from 8% only three years ago and a record-setting example of Americans embracing AI-enabled devices – according to a Consumer Technology Association (CTA) study.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Steve Koenig, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
CTA expects record-breaking year for U.S. consumer technology in 2019
Jan 7, 2019 – Artificial intelligence and fast connectivity will drive the U.S. consumer technology industry to a record-breaking $398 billion in retail revenues in 2019 and 3.9% year-on-year growth, according to the CTA.
News categories: CTA, Gary Shapiro, Steve Koenig, CES, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
U.S. STB energy efficiency agreement saves $3.5 billion
Aug 9, 2018 – Consumers have saved $3.5 billion, and more than 20 million metric tons of CO2 emissions have been avoided as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among pay-TV providers, manufacturers and energy efficiency advocates, according to D+R International.
News categories: CTA, ACEEE, NRDC, NCTA, D+R International, Doug Johnson, Jennifer Amann, Noah Horowitz, Neal Goldberg, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
US consumer technology sales to reach record $377 billion in 2018
Jul 31, 2018 – AI, voice-recognition and fast connectivity – critical ingredients for smart speakers, smart home technologies and smartphones – will help spur overall U.S. consumer technology industry revenue to $377 billion in retail revenues in 2018, according to the CTA.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Steve Koenig, Rick Kowalski, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart Home, USA
U.S. set-top box energy efficiency voluntary agreement extended
Mar 15, 2018 – The CTA and NCTA have announced a four-year extension of the Voluntary Agreement for Ongoing Improvement to the Energy Efficiency of Set-Top Boxes, initially signed in 2012. The extended agreement is expected to save consumers energy and avoid CO2 emissions.
News categories: NCTA, Consumer Technology Association, Neal Goldberg, Doug Johnson, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
ABOX42 integrates STBs with HTML5 TV middleware from Singularity
Feb 6, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced an expanded partnership with Singularity. With its smart STB platform, ABOX42 provides pay-TV operators with a hardware and software platform that is integrated with HTML5-based TV middleware from Singularity.
News categories: ABOX42, Singularity, Comwave, Matthias Greve, Matt Ailts, Canada, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Middleware, MWC19, North America, Set Top Box
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos