Digital TV News: CTV Media
Viamedia, EMX & partners trial programmatic ad insertion on live cable TV
Dec 18, 2019 – EMX and Viamedia have announced the successful trial of Viamedia's QTT cloud-based TV advertising product. QTT uses digital standards to programmatically request and receive ads from an exchange to enable live linear cable TV ad insertion using existing infrastructure.
News categories: Viamedia, EMX, ENGINE Group, WOW!, CTV Media, Mark Lieberman, Michael Zacharski, Kyle Kreuger, Misty Jensen, Kathy Dixon, Advertising, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Tappx to develop programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion platform for TV
Dec 11, 2019 – Tappx has secured funding to develop the world’s first Programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion (PSSAI) OTT/CTV solution. The Tappx PSSAI can simultaneously manage and programmatically insert contextually relevant OTT/CTV video ads into CTV content.
News categories: Tappx, David Lahoz Martin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, EU
Comscore delivers TV audience data to CTV Media
Oct 3, 2019 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced a partnership with CTV Media to provide audience data for all clients on a regional and national scale. CTV Media provides data-driven media solutions to advertising agencies for linear & connected TV.
News categories: Comscore, CTV Media, Nancy Beall, Kathy Dixon, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Taptica to acquire RhythmOne for $176m
Feb 4, 2019 – Taptica has announced the acquisition of RhythmOne for $176m in an all-stock deal. RhythmOne provides cross-screen solutions focused on connected TV. RhythmOne will be combined with Tremor Video DSP, which Taptica acquired in August 2017.
News categories: Taptica, RhythmOne, Ofer Druker, Eric Singer, Advertising, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA, Worldwide
80% of TVs sold in China in 2015 were Smart TVs
Jan 26, 2016 – YuMe (NYSE: YUME) has announced the launch of its 2015 China Connected TV Market Development Blue Book. The Chinese CTV media and advertising industries are seeing rapid growth, with the video audience in China estimated at 439 million people.
News categories: YuMe, Nielsen CCData, UPOTV, Michael Hudes, Octopus Zhang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019