Digital TV News: Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing
Cable Industry Launches SelecTV™ Brand to Promote Viewer Adoption Of ITV
May 10, 2010 – The U.S. cable industry has announced the launch of 'SelecTV™,' a consumer-facing brand that will appear on-screen to indicate the availability of interactive television content.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, SelecTV, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
Hollywood Studios and Cable Companies Launch Campaign to Promote Movies on Demand
Mar 17, 2010 – The U.S.'s major Hollywood studios and cable companies have joined forces for a push to expand consumer awareness of the value offered by Movies On Demand®, a service that provides a way to rent box office hits on cable.
News categories: Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing, Movies On Demand, Cable TV, OTT, USA
Pace Introduces First to Market Multiroom DVR Solution
Oct 26, 2009 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has revealed an advanced multiroom DVR solution, Home Content Sharing (HCS). Pace's HCS utilizes centralized storage and Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) software to connect multiple high definition (HD) set-top boxes within the home.
News categories: Pace plc, Rovi Corp, CTAM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
HDTVs in More than Half of All U.S. Homes
Aug 4, 2009 – A recent CTAM tracking Pulse report shows strong growth over the past year in HDTV ownership. In 2009, 53 percent of total U.S. households report owning a high definition television, an 18 percentage point increase in ownership over 2008.
News categories: CTAM, DVD, Games Console, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
US - Digital Cable Growth Continues to Exceed Satellite
Aug 19, 2008 – Digital cable penetration has surpassed that of satellite television service for the last three years, according to new research by CTAM: Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing.
News categories: CTAM, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, USA
Tru2way™ Brand to Succeed 'OpenCable™ Platform' in Consumer and Retail Settings
Jan 7, 2008 – The U.S. cable industry has adopted the 'tru2way™' brand to succeed use of the term 'OpenCable™ Platform' as it applies to the marketing and branding of the interactive video platform for consumers and in retail markets.
News categories: CableLabs, tru2way, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Set Top Box, USA
81 Million People in US Watch Broadband Video
Jul 17, 2007 – An estimated 81 million people, or 63% of the 129 million people who access the Internet over broadband in the U.S., watch broadband video at home or at work, according to new research conducted by The Nielsen Company.
News categories: Nielsen, Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM), Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
US - HDTV and Digital Cable Make a Match
Jul 10, 2007 – The Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) reports that 29% of cable TV customers own an HDTV set; just one year ago 15% of those customers had an HD set.
News categories: Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM), Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, USA
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020