Digital TV News: Cadence
Beachfront introduces Pod Bidding for Connected TV advertising
Apr 30, 2020 – Beachfront is introducing Pod Bidding for CTV advertising. Beachfront's Pod Bidding is designed to help video publishers construct and auction ad pods ['ad break'-style sequences of ads] while fully supporting de-duplication and competitive separation.
News categories: Beachfront, Frank Sinton, Ben Abbatiello, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
HBO Max to launch on May 27th
Apr 21, 2020 – WarnerMedia's streaming platform HBO Max will launch on May 27th. With 10,000 hours of curated premium content, HBO Max will bring together HBO, third-party programs and movies, and content from Warner Media's library.
News categories: HBO Max, WarnerMedia, Kevin Reilly, Sarah Aubrey, Robert Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
ARM announces Mali-V76 with 8K decode support
May 31, 2018 – As the world moves towards UHD 8K content, ARM is ensuring that its IP will support encoding and decoding for content on smartphones and other devices. The Mali-V76 supports 8K decode up to 60fps or four 4K streams at 60fps.
News categories: ARM, Digital TV, Mobile, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Cadence speeds development of new Realtek DTV SoC
May 3, 2018 – Cadence (NASDAQ: CDNS) has announced that Realtek has used the Cadence Innovus Implementation System for its 28nm Digital TV (DTV) System-on-Chip (SoC) production tapeout and achieved an area improvement and reduced power.
News categories: Realtek, Cadence, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Espial signs DevOps agreement with NOS
Aug 17, 2017 – Espial has announced that it has signed an agreement with NOS to provide agile and DevOps engineering and delivery services. The engagement allows NOS to take a continuous innovation approach and more effectively monetize their video services.
News categories: Espial, NOS, Jaison Dolvane, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UX
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
IDT Introduces 'Vida' HQV Video Processor
Jul 22, 2009 – IDT (NASDAQ: IDTI) has premiered the latest offering from its Hollywood Quality Video™ (HQV®) video processing line. The new chip, the IDT HQV Vida™ processor, transforms standard-definition sources to HD quality and makes HD look even more detailed.
News categories: IDT, DVD, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor
NICTA develops a world first in semiconductor technology for the wireless home and office of the future
Feb 22, 2008 – The world's first transceiver integrated on a CMOS single chip operating at 60GHz was announced by NICTA, Australia's ICT Research Centre of Excellence. The development will enable the truly wireless office and home of the future.
News categories: NICTA, Australia, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
CES 2008: ARC-Based™ Consumer Devices Fueling the 'YouTube Generation' on Display
Jan 14, 2008 – ARC International (LSE: ARK) has announced that more than fifteen customers and partners participated in last week's 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
News categories: ARC International, CES2020, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers