Digital TV News: Caffeine
21st Century Fox invests $100m in social broadcasting platform Caffeine
Sep 5, 2018 – 21st Century Fox (21CF) and Caffeine have announced that 21CF has led a round of funding for social broadcasting platform, Caffeine. 21CF has invested a combined $100 million in Caffeine and a newly formed venture called Caffeine Studios.
News categories: 21st Century Fox, Caffeine, Lachlan Murdoch, Ben Keighran, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Entertainment plays second fiddle for Amazon Prime subscribers
Jul 25, 2018 – According to The Diffusion Group (TDG), 79% of Amazon Prime users cite free shipping as the primary reason they subscribe to the service. Only 11% cite Prime Video, with a collective 10% citing Prime Music, Photos, Reading, Twitch, or other benefits.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Sigma Introduces Media Processor Optimized for Blu-ray Players
Jun 1, 2009 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced that it has begun sampling its new SMP8642 media processor SoC, designed for mainstream Blu-ray players. Product demonstrations are available at this week's Computex 2009 Show, located in Taipei.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Blu-ray, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor
Sigma to Demonstrate State-of-the-Art Video Technology Solutions at CES 2009
Jan 6, 2009 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced that it will demonstrate an extensive range of high definition consumer technology solutions powered by the company's SoC solutions at CES 2009 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Ken Lowe, CES2020, Semiconductor
Sigma Introduces Media Processor Optimized for Mainstream Blu-ray Players
Jan 6, 2009 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced the availability of its new SMP8642 media processor SoC, designed for mainstream Blu-ray players. Product demonstrations are available at this week's CES 2009 Show.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Blu-ray, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers