Digital TV News: Caffeine
21st Century Fox invests $100m in social broadcasting platform Caffeine
Sep 5, 2018 – 21st Century Fox (21CF) and Caffeine have announced that 21CF has led a round of funding for social broadcasting platform, Caffeine. 21CF has invested a combined $100 million in Caffeine and a newly formed venture called Caffeine Studios.
News categories: 21st Century Fox, Caffeine, Lachlan Murdoch, Ben Keighran, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Entertainment plays second fiddle for Amazon Prime subscribers
Jul 25, 2018 – According to The Diffusion Group (TDG), 79% of Amazon Prime users cite free shipping as the primary reason they subscribe to the service. Only 11% cite Prime Video, with a collective 10% citing Prime Music, Photos, Reading, Twitch, or other benefits.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Sigma Introduces Media Processor Optimized for Blu-ray Players
Jun 1, 2009 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced that it has begun sampling its new SMP8642 media processor SoC, designed for mainstream Blu-ray players. Product demonstrations are available at this week's Computex 2009 Show, located in Taipei.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Blu-ray, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor
Sigma to Demonstrate State-of-the-Art Video Technology Solutions at CES 2009
Jan 6, 2009 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced that it will demonstrate an extensive range of high definition consumer technology solutions powered by the company's SoC solutions at CES 2009 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Ken Lowe, CES2021, Semiconductor
Sigma Introduces Media Processor Optimized for Mainstream Blu-ray Players
Jan 6, 2009 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced the availability of its new SMP8642 media processor SoC, designed for mainstream Blu-ray players. Product demonstrations are available at this week's CES 2009 Show.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Blu-ray, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet