Digital TV News: Cartesian
Viaccess-Orca secures Android TV STB for Orange Spain
Sep 10, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Orange Spain has deployed an Android TV set-top box (STB) secured by VO's DRM solution for its IPTV service. The STB will enable Orange Spain pay-TV subscribers to access a wide range of premium content, including Ultra HD, live, and VOD.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Paul Molinier, José Antonio Guzmán, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain
Credential sharing is costing video providers millions in lost revenue
Dec 20, 2018 – What has been an effective strategy for OTT video providers to win new subscribers appears to be backfiring. Research by Cartesian reveals that 27% of consumers access streaming video content using account credentials borrowed or stolen from someone they don’t live with.
News categories: Cartesian, Sam Kornstein, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, USA
1+1 Media selects Verimatrix for DVB-S security in Ukraine
Sep 13, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that 1+1 Media, one of the largest media holdings in Ukraine, has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB to secure its digital satellite (DVB-S) network.
News categories: Verimatrix, 1+1 Media, Steve Oetegenn, Pakholchuk Yaroslav, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite, Semiconductor, Ukraine
Wibox launches Android TV 4K offer secured by Viaccess-Orca
Sep 11, 2018 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Wibox has launched Android TV 4K STBs secured by VO's DRM. Manufactured by Sagemcom, the STBs will enable FTTH subscribers to access content through IPTV and OTT networks protected by VO, via a user experience provided by DotScreen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Wibox, Sagemcom, DOTSCREEN, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Mathieu Gourraud, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, France, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, UX
Viaccess-Orca Connected Sentinel DRM completes Farncombe Security Audit
Jun 28, 2018 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that its Connected Sentinel DRM solution has completed a rigorous review by Cartesian. Cartesian's Farncombe Security Audit reviews the requirements of security solutions to determine whether they meet the complex needs of IPTV.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Cartesian, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Brian Paxton, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Worldwide
Irdeto Cloaked CA completes Farncombe Security Audit for 4K
Sep 13, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that its Cloaked CA solution has completed a rigorous review by Cartesian against the stringent usage rules for 4K UHD premium content included in the Farncombe Security Audit.
News categories: Irdeto, Cartesian, Andrew Bunten, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
JOYNE deploys pay TV operations in the cloud with Conax, Eutelsat and SmarDTV
Sep 13, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) and SmarDTV have announced a collaboration with JOYNE. JOYNE has selected Conax ‘Contego-as-a-Service’ cloud-based content protection security hub and Conax Cardless CAM developed by SmarDTV with pre-integrated security client Conax Core Access for its content security needs.
News categories: Conax, JOYNE, SmarDTV, Eutelsat, Tom Jahr, Hans Brunas, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023