Digital TV News: Casa Systems
One third of cable subscribers to be passed by DOCSIS 3.1 by April 2017
Jul 28, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) conducted in-depth interviews with cable operators across the globe that collectively control 87 percent of the world’s cable capex and found that 42 percent of them plan to deploy a distributed access architecture (DAA) by 2017.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Market Research, Worldwide
Cable broadband equipment market off to mixed start in 2015
Jun 10, 2015 – As MSOs continued major upgrades to their broadband networks, cable DOCSIS channel shipments grew to 1.8 million in the first quarter of 2015, a 14 percent sequential increase, and a gain of 48 percent from the year-ago first quarter, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Market Research, Worldwide
Casa Systems delivers first full CCAP-compliant deployment in North America
Apr 6, 2015 – Casa Systems has announced that Time Warner Cable has completed the deployment of high speed data, voice and QAM video in New York City on Casa System's integrated CCAP platform. This is the first production deployment by an MSO in North America.
News categories: Casa Systems, Time Warner Cable, Jerry Guo, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, USA
DOCSIS channel shipments rose to record levels in 2014
Feb 27, 2015 – Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) has reported that DOCSIS channel shipments rose to record levels in 2014 - up 114 percent to 4.8 million worldwide - as cable operators continue to improve their networks to offer services to customers at ever-higher speeds.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Worldwide
DOCSIS channel shipments up 95% YoY in 3Q 2014
Nov 24, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 3rd quarter 2014 (3Q14) CCAP, CMTS, and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report. Worldwide revenue for CCAP, CMTS, edge QAM, and CMC equipment totaled $445 million in 3Q14, an 8% sequential increase.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Market Research, Worldwide
First CCAP deployments underway
Aug 30, 2013 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 2Q13 CMTS and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report. The global CMTS and edge QAM market declined 4% in 2Q13, to $313 million, as lower-cost CMTS downstream and edge QAM channel shipments dominated the product mix.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, CPE, Market Research, USA
Cable broadband equipment market down in 3Q10 after 12 months of strong growth
Nov 18, 2010 – Infonetics Research has released its third quarter (3Q10) CMTS and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report, which tracks cable modem termination systems (CMTS), edge quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) channels, and cable broadband subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers
DOCSIS 3.0 CMTSs and Cable Modems Achieve 'Firsts'
May 9, 2008 – Modems and headend gear for DOCSIS 3.0, from multiple supplying companies, were found during a recently concluded test wave to comply with CableLabs specifications.
News categories: CableLabs, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic