Digital TV News: Casbaa
Over 500 million multichannel TV homes in Asia Pacific
Dec 1, 2014 – According to CASBAA's Asia Pacific Multichannel TV Advertising 2015 book, the Asia Pacific now boasts 500,639,000 multichannel homes. The pay-TV advertising market continues to grow with a 9.4% increase expected for 2014.
News categories: CASBAA, ZenithOptimedia, Christopher Slaughter, Jonathan Barnard, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
South Korea, Japan, China, Australia and Taiwan have highest OTT viability in Asia
Oct 3, 2014 – CASBAA and SNL Kagan recently conducted a webinar detailing how upstart OTT providers are taking on traditional multichannel providers in the fight for Asia Pacific's video customers.
News categories: CASBAA, SNL Kagan, Christopher Slaughter, Ben Reneker, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Thailand's CTH goes digital with Irdeto Media Protection
May 30, 2013 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced at CASBAA Thailand in View that CTH Public Company Limited (CTH) has selected Irdeto Media Protection for its newly-launched digital pay TV services.
News categories: Irdeto, CTH, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Thailand
APAC now with 446m Multichannel TV homes
Oct 30, 2012 – CASBAA has released its annual estimate of Asia Pacific Multichannel TV homes, reinforcing the overall healthy state of the market. According to the report, Multichannel TV homes in the Asia Pacific region grew by 39m in the last 12 months.
News categories: CASBAA, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
Indonesia's Central Tivi Digital Leverages Irdeto Customer Central to Deliver Superior Customer Care
May 15, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Indonesia's DTH operator PT Central Tivi Digital has deployed Irdeto's customer care and billing solution. PT Central Tivi Digital launched its 'Centrin TV' pay TV service during the second half of 2011.
News categories: Irdeto, Centrin TV, Indonesia, Satellite
TelkomVision Reaches One Million Subscribers Using Irdeto
Feb 29, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has congratulated TelkomVision, Indonesia's leading DTH operator, for reaching one million subscribers. TelkomVision has achieved double its original target of 500,000 subscribers by end 2011 whilst relying on Irdeto's CA System.
News categories: Irdeto, TelkomVision, Conditional Access, Indonesia, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay-TV Now Taking 'Lion's Share' of Asia's High Net Worth Audiences
Oct 26, 2010 – The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced that pay-TV in Asia has reached the tipping point of 50 percent penetration of all Asian TV homes.
News categories: CASBAA, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Korea, Market Research, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Thailand, Vietnam
Vietnam pay-TV in bloom
May 7, 2010 – Vietnam's pay-TV sector is one of the fastest developing markets in the Asia Pacific. While it is a comparatively small market, the opportunities are immense as the industry focuses on the dual subscription and advertising revenue streams.
News categories: CASBAA, Cable TV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Asia subscription TV figures higher than ROW combined
Nov 4, 2009 – The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced new data for subscription TV penetration across the Asia Pacific, noting that the region now has 326 million pay-TV, up 26 million homes in 2009.
News categories: CASBAA, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020