Digital TV News: Cavium
Marvell and Cavium to combine
Nov 20, 2017 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) and Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) have announced a definitive agreement under which Marvell will acquire all outstanding shares of Cavium common stock in exchange for consideration of $40.00 per share in cash and 2.1757 Marvell common shares for each Cavium share.
News categories: Marvell, Cavium, Matt Murphy, Syed Ali, Raghib Hussain, MnA, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Netgear announces first customer shipments for new hybrid set-top box
Sep 12, 2013 – NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR) has announced the launch of its Hybrid Set-top Box (STB1100) at the IBC2013 trade show. Numericable is using the STB1100 to deliver over-the-air, DVB-T and adaptive bitrate content to ADSL subscribers in France.
News categories: NETGEAR, Numericable, Cavium, Naveen Chhangani, Philippe LeMay, Reza Eltejaein, Digital TV, France, IBC2019, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Cavium PureVu® Powers NETGEAR Push2TV® Miracast Compatible Wireless Display Adapter
Sep 24, 2012 – Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced that NETGEAR's Push2TV wireless display adapter is based on Cavium's CNW6611L media SoC. The Push2TV is one of the first adapters that is pre-standard compliant with the Wi-Fi Alliance's Miracast™ specification.
News categories: Cavium, NETGEAR, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Cavium to Demonstrate Digital Home Solutions at Computex 2012
Jun 5, 2012 – Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) will demonstrate ten market leading solutions based upon Cavium's latest media and communications processor families at Computex 2012 including Cavium's Celestial™ Set Top Box ARM-based processors.
News categories: Cavium, Gateway, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cavium Ships Multi-Format HD Set Top Box SoC
Sep 27, 2011 – Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced the Celestial™ CNC1800L multi-format, high definition Set Top Box System-on-a-Chip (SoC) processor is sampling to customers for Over the Top (OTT), IPTV, and Digital Cable Set Top Box applications.
News categories: Cavium, BBWF, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cavium to Showcase Innovations for Set Top Box, Broadband Gateway, and Wireless Display at Broadband World Forum
Sep 27, 2011 – Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) will demonstrate industry leading set top box, broadband gateway, and wireless display applications based upon Cavium's Celestial™, ECONA™ and PureVu™ processor families at Broadband World Forum 2011 in Paris, France.
News categories: Cavium, BBWF, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cavium Networks to Demonstrate Set-Top Box, Wireless Display and Networked Digital Home Applications at Computex 2011
May 31, 2011 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM) will demonstrate a range of multimedia home technologies based upon Cavium's PureVu™, ECONA™, Celestial™ and OCTEON® processor families at Computex 2011 on May 31 - June 4 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Suite 2412.
News categories: Cavium Networks, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cavium Networks Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire China-Based Celestial Semiconductor
Jan 31, 2011 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced that it is has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Celestial Semiconductor, a fabless provider of ARM-based system-on-a-chip (SoC) processor solutions for a range of digital media applications.
News categories: Cavium Networks, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Cavium and LG Collaborate on Next Generation Wireless TVs
Jan 5, 2011 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced a collaboration with LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) to develop next generation wireless TV products.
News categories: Cavium Networks, LG Electronics, CES2020, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video