Digital TV News: Centro
América Móvil to buy Telefónica Guatemala and Telefónica El Salvador
Jan 24, 2019 – Telefónica has announced that Telefonica Centroamérica Inversiones has reached an agreement with América Móvil for the sale of the entire share capital of Telefónica Guatemala and 99.3% of Telefónica El Salvador.
News categories: Telefónica, América Móvil, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, MnA
Centro adds Samba TV to its programmatic ad platform
Nov 1, 2017 – Centro has announced access to additional connected TV inventory via a Samba TV private marketplace (PMP). Available through programmatic buying on Centro’s platform, connected TV PMPs enable advertisers to efficiently and precisely reach OTT streamers at scale.
News categories: Centro, Samba TV, Katie Risch, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Activation Suite creates ad targets from comScore behavioral data
Sep 27, 2017 – comScore has announced the launch of Activation. With Activation, clients use the data from comScore’s planning and measurement products to create scalable audience segments, which are easily deployed in client-owned or third-party advertising platforms.
News categories: comScore, Dan Hess, Advertising, Big Data, USA
Mexico leads Latin America's VOD OTT market
Sep 7, 2015 – Dataxis has forecast that Mexico will reach 5 million VOD OTT subscribers by end 2015, largely surpassing Brazil, Colombia and Argentina. Mexico has the most developed IP and TV everywhere multiscreen television platforms and the highest investment of the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Subscribers
Harmonic powers multiscreen service of TV Centro América
Apr 1, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that TV Centro América, a TV Globo affiliate based in Cuiabá, Brazil, has deployed an end-to-end contribution, satellite distribution and reception solution from Harmonic to power its new free-to-air multiscreen service.
News categories: Harmonic, TV Centro América, SDB Comercial, Alvaro Martin, Luis Botelho, Sidnei Brito, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere
Venezuela develops prototype DTT set-top box
Aug 24, 2010 – Venezuela's Centro Nacional de Desarrollo e Investigación en Telecomunicaciones (CENDIT) has developed an ISDB-Tb set-top box prototype for the country's move to digital terrestrial television broadcasting.
News categories: CENDIT, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Venezuela
RAI broadcasts 4K at Prix Italia 2009
Sep 24, 2009 – At Prix Italia 2009 RAI showed the world premiere of 'Torino 4K', the first TV broadcast over the air in high definition at 4K (4,096 x 2,160) resolution - four times the resolution of current high definition (HD) and equivalent to 35mm film.
News categories: Radiotelevisione Italiana, Digital TV, Italy
enCentro launches affordable and high-quality IPTV Solutions
Feb 4, 2008 – Based in Europe, enCentro is a new player in the international IPTV market with range of products that promises to revolutionise the IPTV Market in terms of affordability, reliability and scalability.
News categories: enCentro, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient