Digital TV News: China Digital TV
Technavio announces top five Conditional Access vendors
Jun 8, 2017 – Technavio has announced the top five leading vendors in a recent global conditional access system market report. The market is driven by growing demand for technologically advanced STBs and advanced services.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Conditional Access market to exhibit CAGR of 9.1% to 2025
Sep 22, 2016 – According to The Insight Partners, the global conditional access systems market was estimated to be $2.32 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $5.53 billion by 2025. Internet services are creating a plethora of opportunities for CA systems.
News categories: Insight Partners, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Conditional Access market to reach $4.73 billion by 2022
Jul 7, 2015 – According to a report from Transparency Market Research, the global conditional access systems market was valued at US$ 2,089.3 million in 2014 and is estimated to reach US$ 4,727.3 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 10.3% from 2015 to 2022.
News categories: Transparency Market Research, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
China Digital TV and Tongda Venture co-invest in China digital TV fund
May 29, 2015 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) and Shanghai Tongda Venture Capital (SSE: 600647) have announced that they will co-invest in a fund which will invest in opportunities that are leading in the transformation of China's digital TV industry.
News categories: China Digital TV, Tongda Venture, Dr. Zengxiang Lu, China, Venture Capital
iPanel middleware integrated with STMicroelectronics' chipsets
Mar 25, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its Palma (STiH273) HD cable chipsets and its Cannes/Monaco family of UltraHD Devices (STiH314/318 and STiH414/418) have been integrated and optimized with iPanel's middleware.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, iPanel, Kelvin Wong, Xu Jia Hong, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
China Digital TV wins smartcard tender at Venezuela's CANTV
Nov 7, 2014 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced that it has won a tender to supply 900,000 smart cards to CANTV, the leading integrated telecommunication service provider in Venezuela, for use on CANTV's direct-to-home (DTH) platform.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, CANTV, Dr. Zengxiang Lu, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Venezuela
China Digital TV announces strategic partnership with Beijing Gehua
Apr 16, 2014 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced that it has reached an agreement with Beijing Gehua CATV to establish a strategic partnership on cloud computing technology and related businesses.
News categories: China Digital TV, Beijing Gehua, Zhu Jianhua, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution
Installed base of set-top box conditional access clients to pass 1 billion mark next year
Oct 25, 2013 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), the global installed base of conditional access (CA) clients in set-top boxes (STB) is expected to exceed 1 billion units for the first time in 2014 as growth is driven by expanding demand in emerging markets.
News categories: IHS, Daniel Simmons, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
China Digital TV's Super VOD system deployed in Heilongjiang province
Sep 30, 2013 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced that it has reached an agreement with Heilongjiang Broadcast Television Network Co. Ltd. to deploy its Super VOD (video-on-demand) system in China's Heilongjiang Province.
News categories: China Digital TV, Dong Li, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV