Digital TV News: China Mobile
Spending on pay TV and VOD to hit $314 billion in 2017
May 4, 2017 – Global spending on consumer video media services will total $314 billion in 2017, a 4.2% increase from 2016, according to Gartner. Pay-TV is the largest spending segment and representing 90% of the total market.
News categories: Gartner, Fernando Elizalde, Derek O'Donnell, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
ZTE boosts Big Video convergence at Hebei Mobile
Feb 20, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has announced that it was chosen to be the exclusive construction provider of the China Mobile Group Hebei Branch (Hebei Mobile) integrated content delivery network (iCDN) and home service smart operation platform.
News categories: ZTE, China Mobile, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Smart Home
CMMB Vision to launch mobile multimedia services throughout Asia
Sep 10, 2014 – CMMB Vision Holdings has announced that it has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to acquire capacity on two new satellites that will provide mobile multimedia services to China and other Asian markets.
News categories: CMMB Vision, Space Partnership International, Charles (Chau-Chi) Wong, Dr. Hui Liu, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite
Worldwide fiber-optic broadband subscriptions to double by 2019
May 6, 2014 – The worldwide cable, DSL and fiber-optic fixed-line broadband subscriber base grew 6% in 2013 surpassing 665.4 million subscribers. By 2019, fiber-optic broadband subscriptions will grow to 265 million subscribers, with a CAGR of 11.7%.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, Broadband, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Rovi and MStar unveil DTV ICs certified for DivX Plus Streaming
Dec 23, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that MStar plans to release DTV chipsets certified for DivX Plus Streaming™. With DivX Plus Streaming, DTV OEMs can support a variety of service providers and a range of deployment models.
News categories: Rovi Corp, MStar Semi, Bill Hsiung, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Toshiba TVs certified for DivX Plus Streaming
May 7, 2013 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that Toshiba is launching a range of DTVs Certified for DivX Plus Streaming™. The agreement will enable Toshiba DTVs to support high-quality entertainment services from over-the-top providers such as KNOWHOW Movies by Dixons Retail in the UK.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Toshiba, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV
DivX Plus Streaming DRM Approved for UltraViolet Services
Jan 7, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that the DivX® digital rights management (DRM) used with the company's adaptive streaming format, has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
ZTE Unveils OTT Solution Supporting Low Bit Rate HD at BBWF 2012
Oct 16, 2012 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has announced a full hardware and software solution integrating low bit rate high definition (HD), Over the Top TV (OTT), and multi-screen convergence at this year's Broadband World Forum 2012.
News categories: ZTE, BBWF, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Siano and Marvell Enhance CMMB Devices with Picture-in-Picture (PiP) Functionality
May 17, 2012 – Siano has announced a collaboration with Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) and ZTE (SEHK:0763; Shanghai:000063) aimed at bringing Picture-in-Picture functionality to CMMB users, for example to allow one program to be watched while waiting for another to start.
News categories: Siano, Marvell, ZTE, China, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient