Digital TV News: Chunghwa Telecom
Chunghwa Telecom selects Telestream for QoE & 4K media processing
Sep 23, 2019 – Chunghwa Telecom will adopt Telestream’s Vantage media processing platform for its 4K broadcast operations. At the same time, Chunghwa Telecom will ensure QoS standards are met using Telestream’s Vidchecker QC software for file-based media.
News categories: Telestream, Chunghwa Telecom, Alistair Butler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Taiwan
Pay-TV penetration in APAC set to decline marginally through 2023
Jul 29, 2019 – Cord-cutting in developed APAC is set to offset gains in DTH and IPTV in emerging APAC (South and Southeast Asia) and as a result, the overall region is forecast to witness a marginal decline in pay-TV household penetration from 67.4% in 2018 to 67.0% by the end of 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Malcolm Rogers, Australia, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Korea, Philippines, Subscribers, Thailand
HiNet selects Anevia software to add further CDN capacity
May 23, 2018 – Anevia is helping HiNet further expand its extensive TV network. HiNet is the data communications business group of Chunghwa Telecom and the deal marks a landmark in Anevia’s strategic expansion into the APAC region.
News categories: Anevia, HiNet, Antoine Hugoo, Peter Chou, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Taiwan
Chunghwa Telecom upgrades to Verimatrix VCAS Ultra to secure UHD/4K services
Apr 9, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that as Chunghwa Telecom expands its multimedia on demand (MoD) offering to include UHD/4K streaming, it has deployed VCAS Ultra to secure new delivery models and support next-generation services and technology.
News categories: Verimatrix, Chunghwa Telecom, Steve Oetegenn, Dr. Chih-Cheng Lo, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, NABShow, Taiwan
Fixed broadband subscribers to approach 1 billion in 2019
Apr 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) fixed broadband subscribers grew 8% in 2014, reaching 733 million as service providers continue to steadily add subscribers. Subscriber growth is being driven by FTTH and DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Envivio powers Chunghwa Telecom 4K HEVC trial
Feb 5, 2015 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ENVI) has announced that Chunghwa Telecom has selected Envivio video solutions for its 4K HEVC streaming service trial. In the trial, Envivio is using its Muse Ultra HD software to support two modes of 4K HEVC delivery to a wide range of devices for Chunghwa.
News categories: Envivio, HwaCom, Chunghwa Telecom, Carl Hurd, Alex Huang, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
ChungHwa Telecom planning OTT version of its MOD TV service
Nov 21, 2014 – According to a Digitimes report, ChungHwa Telecom (CHT) is planning the launch of an OTT version of its Multimedia On Demand (MOD) IPTV service, possibly by the end of this year.
News categories: ChungHwa Telecom, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Chunghwa Telecom to conduct 4K HEVC streaming trial with Broadpeak
Aug 27, 2014 – Broadpeak has announced that Chunghwa Telecom has selected its server and CDN manager solutions to power a trial 4K HEVC streaming service in Taiwan. Broadpeak and HwaCom will demonstrate the solution at IBC2014.
News categories: Broadpeak, Chunghwa Telecom, HwaCom, JH Lin, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Taiwan
Chunghwa Telecom launches TVs with MOD IPTV integrated
Mar 4, 2014 – Chunghwa Telecom (TAIEX: 2412, NYSE: CHT) has announced the availability of Smart TVs with access to its Multimedia-On-demand (MOD) service built-in.
News categories: Chunghwa Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart TV, Taiwan
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware