Digital TV News: Cignal TV
Conax content protection supports Cignal TV’s growth in the Philippines
Sep 13, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Cignal TV in the Philippines has reached two million subscribers. Cignal TV delivers multiple format TV and hybrid services to a range of set-top-boxes with security based on Conax' cardless solution.
News categories: Conax, Cignal TV, Stéphane Le Dréau, Jane Basas, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Philippines, Satellite
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Cignal deploying Conax Cardless content protection in the Philippines
Sep 7, 2016 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced that Philippines DTH satellite provider Cignal TV is deploying Conax Cardless content protection technology to secure its next phases of growth.
News categories: Conax, Cignal TV, Morten Solbakken, Jane J. Basas, Content Protection, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite, Set Top Box
Inview to provide middleware for Cignal in the Philippines
Aug 18, 2016 – Cignal TV has selected Inview to provide the middleware for its SD, HD and Hybrid range of DTH set-top boxes. Inview will be supplying a high quality user interface, EPG and value added services such as advertising on Zapper satellite boxes.
News categories: Inview, Cignal TV, Julie Austin, Jane J. Basas, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Philippines, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
MediaScape adds satellite capacity for Cignal TV in the Philippines
Jun 20, 2012 – SES (Paris; LuxX: SESG) has announced a new agreement with MediaScape to provide additional capacity on the SES-7 satellite. The additional capacity will enable MediaScape to ramp up its Cignal TV DTH offering to 15 HD and 51 SD channels.
News categories: SES S.A., Cignal TV, ConnecTechAsia, Philippines, Satellite, Subscribers
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast