Digital TV News: Cignal TV
Conax content protection supports Cignal TV’s growth in the Philippines
Sep 13, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Cignal TV in the Philippines has reached two million subscribers. Cignal TV delivers multiple format TV and hybrid services to a range of set-top-boxes with security based on Conax' cardless solution.
News categories: Conax, Cignal TV, Stéphane Le Dréau, Jane Basas, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2020, Philippines, Satellite
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Cignal deploying Conax Cardless content protection in the Philippines
Sep 7, 2016 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced that Philippines DTH satellite provider Cignal TV is deploying Conax Cardless content protection technology to secure its next phases of growth.
News categories: Conax, Cignal TV, Morten Solbakken, Jane J. Basas, Content Protection, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite, Set Top Box
Inview to provide middleware for Cignal in the Philippines
Aug 18, 2016 – Cignal TV has selected Inview to provide the middleware for its SD, HD and Hybrid range of DTH set-top boxes. Inview will be supplying a high quality user interface, EPG and value added services such as advertising on Zapper satellite boxes.
News categories: Inview, Cignal TV, Julie Austin, Jane J. Basas, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Philippines, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
MediaScape adds satellite capacity for Cignal TV in the Philippines
Jun 20, 2012 – SES (Paris; LuxX: SESG) has announced a new agreement with MediaScape to provide additional capacity on the SES-7 satellite. The additional capacity will enable MediaScape to ramp up its Cignal TV DTH offering to 15 HD and 51 SD channels.
News categories: SES S.A., Cignal TV, ConnecTechAsia, Philippines, Satellite, Subscribers
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region