Digital TV News: CinemaNow
Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
Dec 11, 2013 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and Anchor Bay Entertainment now encode movies and TV programs in the UltraViolet™ Common File Format (CFF) using Dolby® Digital Plus™.
News categories: Dolby, Ron Geller, Danny Kaye, Bill Clark, Mark Teitell, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT
CinemaNow first to launch Disc-to-digital service in Canada
Sep 3, 2013 – CinemaNow has officially launched their Disc-to-digital service. With the service, Canadians can take their physical DVDs, convert them to a digital format in the convenience of their home, and watch them on CinemaNow.
News categories: CinemaNow, Canada, DVD, OTT
Dolby Release for Online Standard Powers Multiscreen Entertainment
Apr 16, 2012 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced the availability of a development kit to bring the full power of Dolby® Digital Plus premium-quality multichannel audio to partners that leverage the MPEG Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH) standard.
News categories: Dolby, NABShow, OTT
Few Connected Device Owners Rent iVOD Movies . . . At Least for Now
Dec 15, 2011 – According to The NPD Group, even with the increasing number of iVOD-capable devices -- which includes TVs, gaming consoles, streaming-media players, tablets, and smartphones -- the vast majority of these devices were not used to rent iVOD movies.
News categories: NPD Group, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Revenue for U.S. online VoD and EST to double by 2015
Dec 5, 2011 – According to NPD In-Stat, the growing base of OTT-Video-capable US households is propelling the revenue for online video-on-demand (VoD) and electronic-sell-through (EST) to double by 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, OTT, USA
The Future of TV Begins Now on Xbox 360
Dec 5, 2011 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced the launch of an all-new Xbox 360 experience including the first group of new, custom applications from world leading TV and entertainment content providers on Xbox LIVE.
News categories: Xbox, Australia, Austria, Canada, Digital TV, Finland, France, Games Console, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Spain, Sweden, UK, USA
Insignia Unveils Connected TV with Award-winning TiVo Design
Aug 1, 2011 – Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) has announced the arrival of its Insignia Connected TV. Insignia Connected TV customers can simply enjoy broadcast and online movies, shows, and music. The TV was developed as part of its TiVo® Design (NASDAQ: TIVO) partnership.
News categories: Best Buy, TiVo Inc, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Rovi and LG Expand Relationship With DivX Licensing Agreements
Jun 23, 2011 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) and LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) have signed multi-year licensing agreements that expand their relationship and provide further integration of DivX® technology into a wider range of consumer electronics devices.
News categories: Rovi Corp, LG Electronics, Blu-ray, DRM, In-Car, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Intel Brings 'Eye Candy' to Masses with Newest Laptop, PC Chips
Jan 5, 2011 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has introduced its 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ processor family at CES 2011. New features include Intel® Insider™, Intel® Quick Sync Video, and a new version of the company's award-winning Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi).
News categories: Intel Corp, CES2020, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic