Digital TV News: CinemaNow
Internet-Delivered Video Growth Continues to Drive Physical DVDs into Double-Digit Decline
Dec 13, 2010 – To replace retail DVD revenue losses, the online digital paid video download and streaming segment is expected to show high revenue growth. Annual revenue is forecast to grow from $2.3 billion to $6.3 billion within five years, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, OTT, USA
Samsung Reaches Smart TV Milestone with 1 Millionth TV App Downloaded Globally
Dec 2, 2010 – Samsung has announced the 1 millionth TV application downloaded globally from Samsung Apps, the world's first HDTV-based application store. The company's 200th TV application is now live via the platform.
News categories: Samsung, CES2020, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Best Buy Selects Widevine as a Preferred Provider for DRM and Adaptive Streaming
Aug 31, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) has chosen Widevine to be a preferred provider of adaptive streaming, virtual DVD controls and digital rights management (DRM) on Insignia connected devices.
News categories: Widevine, Best Buy, Blu-ray, Content Protection, DRM, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem Unveils UltraViolet™ Brand
Jul 20, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has announced its consumer brand - UltraViolet™ - and logo. In addition, the consortium announced three additional new members bringing the total to nearly 60 member companies.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, UltraViolet, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Games Console, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Widevine 4.4.4 Brings New Over-the-Top and TV Everywhere Features, Customers and Devices
Apr 21, 2010 – Widevine has announced the commercial availability of version 4.4.4 of its video optimization and digital rights management (DRM) platform for over-the-top and TV Everywhere services delivered to retail consumer electronics.
News categories: Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, OTT
Sonic Solutions and DivX Bring Strategic Partnership to Mobile Devices
Feb 15, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) have announced at Mobile World Congress an expanded partnership to enable the digital distribution of an extensive catalogue of premium titles on DivX Certified® mobile devices.
News categories: DivX, Sonic Solutions, Middleware, Mobile, MWC20, OTT, Tablet
Monsoon Multimedia Introduces Convergence Device with 4 Major Video Technologies
Jan 7, 2010 – Monsoon Multimedia has announced Volcano, its home video convergence device. Volcano incorporates time shifting, place shifting, internet video, and new functionalities that support streaming and recording video to smartphones, all in one box.
News categories: Monsoon Multimedia, CES2020, DVR, Mobile, OTT, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Toshiba Unveils Powerful CELL TV™ for the USA
Jan 6, 2010 – Toshiba has announced that the company has developed groundbreaking home entertainment technology and is introducing the ZX900 Series CELL TV™ into the U.S. market. CELL TV is the focal demonstration of Toshiba's 2010 CES exhibit.
News categories: Toshiba, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, VR
DivX Launches New Internet TV Platform
Jan 6, 2010 – DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) has announced the launch of DivX TV™, a comprehensive embedded Internet TV platform that provides access to a diverse line-up of online media content streamed directly to any connected device from any manufacturer.
News categories: DivX, Blu-ray, CES2020, Digital TV, Games Console, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
- Radix to launch Android TV device management at MWC
- Canada's Media Technology Monitor reports on SVOD, podcasting, co-viewing and more
- Disney+ to reach 126 million subscribers globally
- 605 launches 605 PLATF0RM measurement and analytics for TV
- Intertrust and Friend MTS extend partnership to streaming piracy