Digital TV News: Cisco Systems
Ten TV app vendors adopt Vewd certification process
Oct 12, 2017 – Vewd has announced that ten of the world’s top TV app vendors will unite in support of the Vewd ecosystem in a bid to unify the fragmented TV app market. The ten app vendors are Accedo, Cisco, Easel TV, Float Left Interactive, Fractal Media, Massive, Tradecast, TV App Agency, Wizitivi, and 24i.
News categories: Vewd, Accedo, TV App Agency, Easel TV, Daniel Nordberg, Michael Lantz, Bruno Pereira, Joe Foster, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, QoE
Sky New Zealand advances multiscreen TV experiences with Cisco
Sep 14, 2017 – Sky New Zealand is transforming its Pay TV operations with the Cisco Infinite Video Platform. On the horizon is the introduction of a Hybrid PVR solution with Kaon Hybrid DVR STBs and VoD over IP, extending to iOS and Android personal consumer devices.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky New Zealand, Conrad Clemson, Julian Wheeler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Mobile, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
NAGRA claims top spot in Conditional Access market
Sep 13, 2017 – 2016 was a pivotal year for the content security industry. While global Conditional Access (CA) spend fell imperceptibly – from $1.97 billion to $1.92 billion – the market’s most volatile change took the form of competitive re-alignment, according to IHS Markit.
News categories: IHS Markit, Merrick Kingston, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Sky expands its use of Cisco's video security portfolio
Jul 17, 2017 – Sky and Cisco have announced that the companies have extended their collaboration to include a multi-year digital security agreement to support the expansion of Sky video services across any screen.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Conrad Clemson, Alun Webber, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mobile, Satellite, UK
Technavio announces top five Conditional Access vendors
Jun 8, 2017 – Technavio has announced the top five leading vendors in a recent global conditional access system market report. The market is driven by growing demand for technologically advanced STBs and advanced services.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
VOD market to reach $77.7 billion by 2024
May 23, 2017 – The global Video on Demand (VoD) market is expected to reach $77.7 billion by 2024, according to Ameri Research. Swelling demand for VoD programming including long and short term content is a major factor driving market growth.
News categories: Ameri Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Paywizard integrates with Cisco's Infinite Video Platform
Apr 24, 2017 – Paywizard has announced that Cisco has welcomed the company as the latest vendor to integrate its solution into Cisco’s Infinite Video Platform, which enables broadcast-quality video on any device.
News categories: Paywizard, Cisco Systems, Bhavesh Vaghela, Adam Davies, Content Distribution, NABShow, Worldwide
Mobile video to increase 8.7-fold from 2016 to 2021
Feb 7, 2017 – Mobile video will increase 8.7-fold from 2016 to 2021 and will have the highest growth rate of any mobile application category, according to the latest Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) mobile data forecast.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Doug Webster, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware