Digital TV News: Cisco Systems
Mobile video to increase 8.7-fold from 2016 to 2021
Feb 7, 2017 – Mobile video will increase 8.7-fold from 2016 to 2021 and will have the highest growth rate of any mobile application category, according to the latest Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) mobile data forecast.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Doug Webster, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Cisco introduces Infinite Video Platform Labs
Jan 5, 2017 – IVP Labs allows participating customers to test new features with users before making them generally available. Customers and end users can provide crucial feedback to make these features, and the IVP roadmap, more relevant.
News categories: Cisco Systems, 'yes', Rajeev Raman, Yitschak Elyakim, CES2021, Digital TV, Israel, Mobile, QoE, UX, Worldwide
Study reveals how smartphones are transforming the TV experience
Dec 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the findings of its 'Mobile Video: Exposed' report that explores consumers' perceptions and behaviors around watching video on mobile phones.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Espial and RDK power advanceTV from Tele Columbus
Dec 5, 2016 – Espial and Tele Columbus have announced next January for availability of advanceTV, a 4K hybrid IP video service. advanceTV provides a combined TV and mobile-device experience including integration of maxdome SVOD services.
News categories: Espial, Tele Columbus, RDK Management, Jaison Dolvane, Ronny Verhelst, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, HTML5, RDK, Set Top Box, UX
AllSeen Alliance and Open Connectivity Foundation to merge
Oct 10, 2016 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn open source IoT framework, have announced that the two organizations are to merge.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, AllSeen Alliance, Mike Richmond, Danny Lousberg, MnA, Smart Home, Worldwide
Conditional Access market to exhibit CAGR of 9.1% to 2025
Sep 22, 2016 – According to The Insight Partners, the global conditional access systems market was estimated to be $2.32 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $5.53 billion by 2025. Internet services are creating a plethora of opportunities for CA systems.
News categories: Insight Partners, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, Worldwide
LeCloud and Cisco partner to secure OTT video services
Sep 14, 2016 – Cisco is teaming up with LeCloud to drive the development of Digital Rights Management (DRM) through its VideoGuard Everywhere DRM solution. The two companies have built a DRM cloud platform that makes cloud services global.
News categories: Cisco Systems, LeCloud, Zhang Li, Wu Yazhou, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
Videocon d2h opts for Cisco Virtualized Video Processing
Sep 2, 2016 – Cisco has announced that Videocon d2h has selected the Cisco Virtual DCM. The Virtual DCM provides Videocon d2h the bandwidth efficiencies to deploy new services and meet ever-increasing consumer demands for 4K, multiscreen, OTT and Cloud DVR.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Videocon d2h, Sanjay Kaul, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Cisco makes available Full Duplex DOCSIS reference design
Aug 9, 2016 – To further industry advancement with Full Duplex DOCSIS technology, Cisco has unveiled a silicon reference design that it is contributing to the cable industry at large, which will enable fiber optic capacity over coaxial cable.
News categories: Cisco Systems, John Chapman, Jeff Finkelstein, Dr. Robert Howald, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, USA
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service