Digital TV News: Citizens Fiber
MOBITV adds $50m in funding
Jul 1, 2019 – MOBITV has closed over $50M in funding from Oak Investment Partners, Ally Financial, and Cedar Grove Partners. The funding will be used to accelerate the growth of the company’s international footprint, while it continues to strengthen the MOBITV CONNECT platform for Pay TV operators.
News categories: MOBITV, Oak Investment Partners, Charlie Nooney, Bandel Carano, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Citizens Fiber upgrades UX with MobiTV Connect
Mar 13, 2018 – Citizens Fiber and MobiTV have announced that Citizens Fiber has adopted the MobiTV Connect Platform to deliver app-based Pay TV services. This initiative is the first step for Citizens Fiber to upgrade its user experience and utilize popular consumer devices, while cutting hardware costs.
News categories: MobiTV, Citizens Fiber, Charlie Nooney, Zach Cutrell, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
MobiTV partners with the National Cable Television Cooperative
Dec 7, 2017 – MobiTV and National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) have announce an agreement between both companies which could enable pay TV providers within NCTC’s membership to transition their offerings to IP/app-based solutions.
News categories: MobiTV, NCTC, Charlie Nooney, Rich Fickle, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
MobiTV announces $21M in additional funding
Feb 21, 2017 – MobiTV has announced that it has closed $21M in funding from Oak Investment Partners and Ally Corporate Finance. The funding will accelerate expansion of the MobiTV Connect Platform to enable IP delivery for Pay TV providers.
News categories: MobiTV, Oak Investment Partners, Ally Corporate Finance, Charlie Nooney, Bill Routt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA, Venture Capital
Citizens Fiber chooses Innovative Systems IPTV middleware
Jul 11, 2016 – With their vision to fiber migration and the desire to give their legacy cable TV customers a better experience, Citizens Fiber in southwest Pennsylvania has chosen the APMAX platform from Innovative Systems for the delivery of their IPTV middleware.
News categories: Innovative Systems, Citizens Fiber, Arnie Cutrell, Scott Craig, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019