Digital TV News: Citizens Fiber
MOBITV adds $50m in funding
Jul 1, 2019 – MOBITV has closed over $50M in funding from Oak Investment Partners, Ally Financial, and Cedar Grove Partners. The funding will be used to accelerate the growth of the company’s international footprint, while it continues to strengthen the MOBITV CONNECT platform for Pay TV operators.
News categories: MOBITV, Oak Investment Partners, Charlie Nooney, Bandel Carano, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Citizens Fiber upgrades UX with MobiTV Connect
Mar 13, 2018 – Citizens Fiber and MobiTV have announced that Citizens Fiber has adopted the MobiTV Connect Platform to deliver app-based Pay TV services. This initiative is the first step for Citizens Fiber to upgrade its user experience and utilize popular consumer devices, while cutting hardware costs.
News categories: MobiTV, Citizens Fiber, Charlie Nooney, Zach Cutrell, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
MobiTV partners with the National Cable Television Cooperative
Dec 7, 2017 – MobiTV and National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) have announce an agreement between both companies which could enable pay TV providers within NCTC’s membership to transition their offerings to IP/app-based solutions.
News categories: MobiTV, NCTC, Charlie Nooney, Rich Fickle, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
MobiTV announces $21M in additional funding
Feb 21, 2017 – MobiTV has announced that it has closed $21M in funding from Oak Investment Partners and Ally Corporate Finance. The funding will accelerate expansion of the MobiTV Connect Platform to enable IP delivery for Pay TV providers.
News categories: MobiTV, Oak Investment Partners, Ally Corporate Finance, Charlie Nooney, Bill Routt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA, Venture Capital
Citizens Fiber chooses Innovative Systems IPTV middleware
Jul 11, 2016 – With their vision to fiber migration and the desire to give their legacy cable TV customers a better experience, Citizens Fiber in southwest Pennsylvania has chosen the APMAX platform from Innovative Systems for the delivery of their IPTV middleware.
News categories: Innovative Systems, Citizens Fiber, Arnie Cutrell, Scott Craig, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020