Digital TV News: Citizens Fiber
MOBITV adds $50m in funding
Jul 1, 2019 – MOBITV has closed over $50M in funding from Oak Investment Partners, Ally Financial, and Cedar Grove Partners. The funding will be used to accelerate the growth of the company’s international footprint, while it continues to strengthen the MOBITV CONNECT platform for Pay TV operators.
News categories: MOBITV, Oak Investment Partners, Charlie Nooney, Bandel Carano, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Citizens Fiber upgrades UX with MobiTV Connect
Mar 13, 2018 – Citizens Fiber and MobiTV have announced that Citizens Fiber has adopted the MobiTV Connect Platform to deliver app-based Pay TV services. This initiative is the first step for Citizens Fiber to upgrade its user experience and utilize popular consumer devices, while cutting hardware costs.
News categories: MobiTV, Citizens Fiber, Charlie Nooney, Zach Cutrell, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
MobiTV partners with the National Cable Television Cooperative
Dec 7, 2017 – MobiTV and National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) have announce an agreement between both companies which could enable pay TV providers within NCTC’s membership to transition their offerings to IP/app-based solutions.
News categories: MobiTV, NCTC, Charlie Nooney, Rich Fickle, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
MobiTV announces $21M in additional funding
Feb 21, 2017 – MobiTV has announced that it has closed $21M in funding from Oak Investment Partners and Ally Corporate Finance. The funding will accelerate expansion of the MobiTV Connect Platform to enable IP delivery for Pay TV providers.
News categories: MobiTV, Oak Investment Partners, Ally Corporate Finance, Charlie Nooney, Bill Routt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA, Venture Capital
Citizens Fiber chooses Innovative Systems IPTV middleware
Jul 11, 2016 – With their vision to fiber migration and the desire to give their legacy cable TV customers a better experience, Citizens Fiber in southwest Pennsylvania has chosen the APMAX platform from Innovative Systems for the delivery of their IPTV middleware.
News categories: Innovative Systems, Citizens Fiber, Arnie Cutrell, Scott Craig, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks