Digital TV News: Civolution
Thomson Video Networks supports CHILI Ultra HD OTT in Italy
May 27, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that CHILI, the Italian digital distributor of movies and TV series, is using its ViBE VS7000 multi-screen and HEVC encoding platform to deliver HEVC 4K content via its movie service platform.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, CHILI, NexGuard, Eric Gallier, Stefano Flamia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Italy, OTT
Marvell announces SoC platform for 4K entertainment and gaming
Apr 27, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced its ARMADA 1500 Ultra (88DE3218) SoC, designed to enable Pay TV operators and STB manufacturers to deliver small form factor devices with 4K entertainment and gaming to their subscribers.
News categories: Marvell, Verimatrix, Weili Dai, Petr Peterka, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Sigma Designs reports Fiscal Year 2015 results
Apr 1, 2015 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year 2015, which ended January 31, 2015. Net revenue in fiscal 2015 was $188.3 million, a decrease of $10.9 million, or 5.5%, from $199.2 million in the previous year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Civolution forensic watermarking integrated with ST SoCs
Jan 5, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and Civolution have announced the integration of Civolution’s NexGuard forensic watermarking with ST’s Ultra HD-4K Cannes and Monaco SoCs to detect unauthorized sharing of digital content and help deter piracy.
News categories: Civolution, STMicroelectronics, Alex Terpstra, Philippe Notton, CES2021, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Watermarking
Sigma Designs introduces STV7703 Ultra HD DTV SoC
Jan 5, 2015 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has introduced the STV7703 Ultra HD (UHD) High Dynamic Range (HDR) smart TV SoC. On its own the chip is targeted at Ultra HD 60Hz Smart TVs. Together with an FRC chip it provides a solution for UHD 120Hz TVs.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Wuaki.tv integrates Civolution forensic watermarking
Dec 9, 2014 – Civolution and Wuaki.tv have announced the integration and deployment of Civolution’s content protection technology NexGuard, which is enabling Wuaki.tv to roll out session-based watermarking for Ultra HD movies.
News categories: Civolution, Wuaki.tv, Alex Terpstra, Jordi Miró, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, Mobile, OTT, Watermarking
Civolution and Bleiberg partner on second-screen-enabled feature film
Oct 13, 2014 – Civolution and Bleiberg Entertainment have announced their partnership on 'i-LIVED', the first American feature film to be supported by a synchronised second-screen application for use in the cinema and at home.
News categories: Civolution, Bleiberg Entertainment, Alex Terpstra, Ehud Bleiberg, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Televes integrates Civolution watermarking for the MDU market
Sep 4, 2014 – Civolution and Televes have announced the integration and deployment of Civolution’s content protection technology NexGuard with Televes multi-dwelling unit (MDU) broadcasting signal distribution system.
News categories: Civolution, Televes, Manuel Martínez, Alex Terpstra, Content Distribution, Watermarking, Worldwide
Optimal and Civolution offer TV-synced ads via Facebook Exchange
Oct 23, 2013 – Civolution and Optimal have announced a partnership allowing brands and agencies to buy Facebook ads in complete synchronization with TV commercials.
News categories: Civolution, Optimal, Inc, Rob Leathern, Alex Terpstra, Advertising, Digital TV, Social TV
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic