Digital TV News: Codetel
CopperGate Shipped Over 10 Million HomePNA Chips for Home Networking
Jun 29, 2009 – CopperGate HomePNA chips are used in digital devices deployed worldwide in home entertainment networks and IPTV systems. They are deployed by more than 40 telecommunications, cable, and satellite companies.
News categories: CopperGate, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Codetel Adopts CopperGate IPTV Technology
Mar 9, 2009 – CopperGate Communications has announced that Codetel of the Dominican Republic has selected CopperGate's HomePNA 3.1 technology for its Claro TV IPTV service.
News categories: CopperGate, Codetel, Dominican Republic, IPTV, Smart Home
Codetel teams with Alcatel-Lucent to launch IPTV in the Dominican Republic
Feb 25, 2009 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that Compania Dominicana de Telefonos (Codetel) has launched a nationwide IPTV offering, providing subscribers across the country with high-quality TV programming, VoD and other multimedia services.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, CODETEL, Victor Agnellini, Oscar Peña, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, IPTV, Middleware
Motorola CCE Enables CODETEL to Launch Innovative Pay TV Service
Feb 9, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that CODETEL has selected Motorola's Communications Convergence Engine (CCE) to launch a new wave of innovative Pay TV service offerings in the Caribbean.
News categories: Motorola, CODETEL, América Móvil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, IPTV
More Microsoft IPTV deployments in Latin America?
Feb 3, 2009 – According to TV TELCO Latam, Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) could soon add Codetel in the Dominican Republic and PRT (Claro) of Puerto Rico, both part of América Móvil, to its existing Microsoft Mediaroom deployment with Mexico's Maxcom.
News categories: América Móvil, Microsoft, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, Puerto Rico
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica