Digital TV News: Comcast Technology Solutions
Premium video solidifies its position in the European marketplace
Apr 16, 2019 – FreeWheel has announced the European launch of its Q4 2018 Video Marketplace Report. In Europe, confidence in premium video continues to grow, with overall ad views in 2018 up 22% on 2017. However, video views decreased by 16% over the same period.
News categories: FreeWheel, Thomas Bremond, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
PureFlix.com taps 24i Media to reach more screens
Apr 8, 2019 – 24i Media has announced that it has built and deployed a suite of video apps for PureFlix.com, an SVOD service serving consumers in the U.S. and Canada. PureFlix.com is using 24i’s SmartOTT solution to power its SVOD service on a broad array of platforms and devices.
News categories: 24i Media, PureFlix, Martijn van Horssen, Ramon Duivenvoorden, Marc Beckwitt, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA
FreeWheel and Comcast Technology Solutions power Mediaset Play monetisation
Dec 6, 2018 – Mediaset has announced the launch of Mediaset Play, a live and on demand online streaming service. Mediaset Play is powered by technologies from FreeWheel and Comcast Technology Solutions (CTS), both part of Comcast Cable.
News categories: FreeWheel, Mediaset, Comcast Technology Solutions, Thomas Bremond, Maurizio Galli, Paola Colombo, Advertising, Digital TV, Italy, OTT
Comcast Technology Solutions launches ad hosting solution
Apr 10, 2018 – Comcast Technology Solutions has announced AdStor, a cloud-based advertising platform. Built on a centralized cloud management architecture, AdStor streamlines the relationship between ad buyers and sellers by hosting advertising content in an aggregated library.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Josh Arensberg, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
Comcast Technology and DLVR partner to deliver QoE across any screen
Jan 17, 2018 – Comcast Technology Solutions has announced a partnership with DLVR. Comcast Technology Solutions is to provide the CDN, while DLVR offers real-time CDN switching and Quality of Experience (QoE) analytics.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, DLVR, Crunchyroll, Bart Spriester, Mike Gordon, Michael Dale, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, QoE, USA
Comcast Technology Solutions announces turnkey OTT platform
Jan 5, 2017 – Comcast Technology Solutions has announced that it has expanded its all-in-one direct-to-consumer (D2C) solution to help content providers quickly and cost effectively build, launch, and manage over-the-top (OTT) experiences.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Accedo, You.i TV, Barry Tishgart, Fredrik Andersson, Jason Flick, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Comcast creates Technology Solutions division
Oct 19, 2016 – Comcast Technology Solutions has been unveiled. The division unites three of Comcast’s media and technology businesses to marry the quality of broadcast delivery with the flexibility of digital distribution on every screen.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Time Inc, Matt McConnell, Brandon Fong, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan