Digital TV News: Comisión Nacional de Televisión
3.7 million pay TV subscribers for Colombia
Nov 2, 2011 – Colombia's Comisión Nacional de Televisión has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country up to September 2011. The total number of subscribers grew from 3.4 million at the end of Q3 2010, to over 3.7 million at the end of September 2011.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Televisión, Cable TV, Colombia, Satellite, Subscribers
Colombia ends 2010 with 3.5 million pay TV subscribers
Feb 3, 2011 – Colombia's Comisión Nacional de Televisión (CNTV) has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country for 2010. The total number of subscriptions grew from 3.2 million at the end of 2009 to 3.5 million at the end of 2010.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Televisión, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Colombia ends 2009 with 3.2 million pay TV subscribers
Jan 29, 2010 – Colombia's Comisión Nacional de Televisión (CNTV) has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country for 2009. In the fourth quarter both UNE-EPM Telecomunicaciones and DIRECTV Colombia increased their market share.
News categories: CNTV, Cable TV, Colombia, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
DTT broadcasting begins in Colombia
Jan 29, 2010 – After a period of more than two years of analysis and studies Colombia adopted the European DVB-T standard for digital terrestrial television. On Friday, January 29th, 2010 the first commercial broadcasts began in Bogotá.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Colombia issues tender for DTH coverage of remote areas
Jan 6, 2010 – Colombia's CNTV is requesting quotations from parties interested in participating in its 'TV Satelital Directa al Hogar' project. The project is intended to provide coverage to the 8 per cent of the country that still has no television signal.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Colombia to evaluate China digital TV standard
Apr 30, 2008 – The Colombian government has announced that the National Television Commission (CNTV) wants to analyze the evolution of the Chinese DMB-T/H standard thus delaying the standardisation decision to July.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Digital TV, DTMB, Regulation, Terrestrial
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey