Digital TV News: Comisión Nacional de Televisión
3.7 million pay TV subscribers for Colombia
Nov 2, 2011 – Colombia's Comisión Nacional de Televisión has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country up to September 2011. The total number of subscribers grew from 3.4 million at the end of Q3 2010, to over 3.7 million at the end of September 2011.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Televisión, Cable TV, Colombia, Satellite, Subscribers
Colombia ends 2010 with 3.5 million pay TV subscribers
Feb 3, 2011 – Colombia's Comisión Nacional de Televisión (CNTV) has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country for 2010. The total number of subscriptions grew from 3.2 million at the end of 2009 to 3.5 million at the end of 2010.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Televisión, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Colombia ends 2009 with 3.2 million pay TV subscribers
Jan 29, 2010 – Colombia's Comisión Nacional de Televisión (CNTV) has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country for 2009. In the fourth quarter both UNE-EPM Telecomunicaciones and DIRECTV Colombia increased their market share.
News categories: CNTV, Cable TV, Colombia, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
DTT broadcasting begins in Colombia
Jan 29, 2010 – After a period of more than two years of analysis and studies Colombia adopted the European DVB-T standard for digital terrestrial television. On Friday, January 29th, 2010 the first commercial broadcasts began in Bogotá.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Colombia issues tender for DTH coverage of remote areas
Jan 6, 2010 – Colombia's CNTV is requesting quotations from parties interested in participating in its 'TV Satelital Directa al Hogar' project. The project is intended to provide coverage to the 8 per cent of the country that still has no television signal.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Colombia to evaluate China digital TV standard
Apr 30, 2008 – The Colombian government has announced that the National Television Commission (CNTV) wants to analyze the evolution of the Chinese DMB-T/H standard thus delaying the standardisation decision to July.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Digital TV, DTMB, Regulation, Terrestrial
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA