Digital TV News: Common Sense Media
Sky partners with Common Sense Media for content rating
Oct 1, 2018 – Sky is partnering with Common Sense Media to introduce a detailed rating system that will help parents make smarter choices about what their children watch on Sky. The new service will launch in the UK in 2019.
News categories: Sky, Common Sense Media, Jeremy Darroch, James P Steyner, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, UK, UX
Comcast to launch 'Xfinity Stream' TV app for in and out of the home
Feb 14, 2017 – Comcast has announced plans to launch 'Xfinity Stream,' an app that will allow users to watch their entire TV line-up on phones, tablets and laptops in the home, and when they’re on-the-go, to tune-in to more than 200 live channels, access and program their DVR and watch 40,000 on demand titles.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
Comcast launches industry’s first voice-guided TV interface
Nov 12, 2014 – Comcast has announced the industry’s first voice-enabled television user interface, a solution that will revolutionize the way its Xfinity TV customers, especially those who are blind or visually impaired, navigate the X1 platform.
News categories: Comcast, American Council of the Blind, Brian Roberts, Tom Wlodkowski, Eric Bridges, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast adds personal streaming to Xfinity
Apr 29, 2014 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced that X1 triple-play customers will soon be able to live stream personal video from their mobile devices, over the Internet, directly to the television.
News categories: Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Apps, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
Target introduces Target Ticket digital video service
Sep 25, 2013 – Target (NYSE: TGT) has announced that Target Ticket, its new digital video service, is available to customers nationwide. The service gives users an easy way to access and enjoy their favorite titles on their preferred digital channels and devices anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Target Ticket, Anne Stanchfield, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
Jun 11, 2013 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has unveiled the next generation of its cloud-enabled X1 Platform from Xfinity. The new platform release, known as X2, will be available to customers later this year.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic