Digital TV News: Connekt
More than 100 active Smart TV partners for Connekt in Q3
Dec 18, 2018 – Connekt has announced that more than 100 carriers, content and media companies, as well as cross-device advertisers, were partnered with the company during the third quarter of 2018.
News categories: Connekt, Mike O’Donnell, Advertising, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Connekt brings 'Buy Now' button to Sony smart TVs
Oct 2, 2018 – Connekt has developed a collaboration with Sony Electronics to enable T-Commerce on select Sony Smart TVs and Blu-ray Disc Players. Through Connekt’s ShopTV application, consumers will be able to securely purchase products directly from the TV.
News categories: Connekt, Sony Electronics, Mike Fitzsimmons, Nick Colsey, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX
Connekt and Verance partner to provide ATSC 3.0 advertising
Apr 10, 2018 – Connekt and Verance have partnered to develop the standard for interactive advertising formats to be delivered over the ATSC 3.0 standard. The effort will provide an end-to-end solution for networks, content owners and programmers.
News categories: Connekt, Verance, Mike Fitzsimmons, Eric Anderson, Advertising, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Watermarking
TV could be catalyst for voice shopping, Connekt study finds
Apr 5, 2018 – A study by Connekt suggests TV could be the missing link to spur voice purchases using voice-controlled devices such as Amazon’s Echo and Google Home. The study finds consumers are strongly interested in using them to buy items that appear on the screen as they’re watching TV.
News categories: Connekt, Tripp Boyle, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Connekt adds voice activation via Google Home to its TV ad engagement platform
Feb 1, 2018 – Connekt is preparing for a remote-less future by adding voice capabilities to its linear TV ad engagement solution. Now, viewers with Google Home devices can interact with brands that are featured on TV and purchase goods using only their voices.
News categories: Connekt, Tripp Boyle, Jason Smith, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart Home, Worldwide
76% of consumers would buy products through their TVs
Dec 21, 2017 – Americans are highly interested in purchasing products directly from TV commercials and programs using their remotes, according to a new t-commerce study released by Connekt. However, many don’t realize the capability currently exists.
News categories: Connekt, Tripp Boyle, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Connekt brings interactivity and T-Commerce to Hisense Smart TVs
Dec 7, 2017 – Connekt has announced integration of its ShopTV application into Smart TVs made by Hisense. With the integration, consumers can interact and engage with brands and content directly on their TV. Viewers can also purchase the products that interest them through the app.
News categories: Connekt, Hisense, Mike Fitzsimmons, Christopher Clarke, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Connekt launches TV advertising and commerce platform
Sep 28, 2017 – Connekt has unveiled a platform that enables brands, distributors and media companies to generate revenue from TV advertising and commerce. The platform is powered by an in-content transactional advertising engine using artificial intelligence.
News categories: Connekt, Mike Fitzsimmons, David Rudnick, Advertising, Big Data, Mobile, USA
Connekt and Ensequence to use Gracenote's Video Automatic Content Recognition
Sep 19, 2017 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that it has inked deals with Connekt and Ensequence to use Gracenote’s Video Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology to bring new interactive capabilities to linear TV ads and other programming.
News categories: Gracenote, Connekt, Ensequence, Kelly Abcarian, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
- Tremor Video combines capabilities with YuMe by RhythmOne
- Tastemade selects Telaria for programmatic OTT and CTV advertising
- SmartLabs becomes Samsung Smart TV App Developer
- India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
- DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
- Third of Netflix subscribers might switch to a cheaper, ad-supported tier
- WarnerMedia names upcoming D2C service HBO Max
- Dplay expands Appear TV OTT delivery with dynamic ads
- Comscore announces launch of Video Metrix Multi-Platform in Malaysia
- ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery choose 3SS to power Joyn
- Over 100 million monthly active users for ThinkAnalytics' cloud content discovery
- Dedicated Ethiopian TV neighbourhood created on NSS-12 at 57°E