Digital TV News: Consolidated Communications
Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
Aug 14, 2019 – Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ: CNSL) has announced the launch of TV service in its Ancram and Austerlitz, New York, service areas over its new Fiber-to-the-Premises 1 Gig network. The expansion is in addition to the Company’s recent launch of TV service in Ghent, New York.
News categories: Consolidated Communications, Rob Koester, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, USA
Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
Aug 12, 2019 – Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ: CNSL) has introduced CCiTV, a 200-channel TV service that includes restart/replay TV, voice-activated remote control, HD with 4K compatibility and cloud-based DVR storage to enable viewing of content anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Consolidated Communications, Rob Koester, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Consolidated Communications launches DIRECTV NOW across its service area
Feb 28, 2018 – Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ:CNSL) has announced that it will offer DIRECTV NOW to its customers throughout its entire service area. Consolidated Communications customers will be able to enjoy DIRECTV NOW's news, sports, live events and cable programs.
News categories: Consolidated Communications, DIRECTV NOW, Rob Koester, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Consolidated Communications offers live OTT sports from fuboTV
Dec 21, 2017 – Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ: CNSL) has announced it has reached an agreement with fuboTV, the leading sports-first live streaming TV service, to bring its content line-up to Consolidated Communications’ customers.
News categories: Consolidated Communications, fuboTV, Rob Koester, Min Kim, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Olympusat takes QC and monitoring solutions from Interra Systems
Oct 3, 2017 – Interra Systems has announced that Olympusat is using its QC solution and real-time content monitor to deliver superior-quality, error-free video and audio content to customers, including major pay-TV operators in the U.S. and Latin America.
News categories: Interra Systems, Olympusat, Ashish Basu, Peter Savov, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, QoE, USA
HBO NOW available to Consolidated Communications customers
Oct 2, 2017 – Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ: CNSL) has announced that it has reached an agreement with Home Box Office to bring HBO NOW to its broadband customers. Consolidated customers can sign up for a 30-day introductory free trial.
News categories: Consolidated Communications, Home Box Office, Rob Koester, Cheryl Tuverson, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Consolidated launches OTT service powered by Olympusat and Viaccess-Orca
Aug 31, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Consolidated Communications has launched a targeted OTT offering across its footprint using Olympusat's VEMOX content preparation service powered by Viaccess-Orca's TV Everywhere solution.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Olympusat, Consolidated Communications, Paul Molinier, Tom Mohler, Rob Koester, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, USA
Consolidated Communications to launch Spanish-language TV Everywhere with Olympusat
Jun 22, 2017 – Olympusat has announced that Consolidated Communications will roll out its VEMOX platform to deliver a Spanish-language OTT TV Everywhere service. VEMOX combines technology and content, making it easier for consumers to access top-quality content.
News categories: Olympusat, Consolidated Communications, Tom Mohler, Rob Koester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
U.S. subscriber declines spreading from voice to TV, broadband
Dec 6, 2016 – Ovum has released 3Q16 subscriber growth figures for fixed voice, fixed broadband, and pay TV for the US. Ovum notes that a triple cord-cutting threat – the loss of subscribers in all three core fixed services – continues to loom.
News categories: Ovum, Kristin Paulin, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS