Digital TV News: Consumer Electronics Association
U.S. Energy Dept., Pay TV industry and energy efficiency groups announce STB energy conservation agreement
Dec 23, 2013 – The U.S. Energy Department, NRDC, ACEEE, ASAP, CEA and the NCTA have announced non-regulatory energy efficiency standards for pay-TV set-top boxes that will result in energy savings for more than 90 million U.S. homes.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, NCTA, Energy Department, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
CEA releases report on Ultra HD
Aug 7, 2013 – The CEA has announced the release of a new report. The analysis provides a snapshot of the emerging Ultra HD market, with overviews of key industry segments including content development, production, and delivery, as well as overall product status.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Resurgence in U.S. auto, audio and TV CE segments expected for 2013
Jul 24, 2013 – Mobile connected devices continue to drive U.S. consumer electronics (CE) industry sales, according to a CEA report. The report also finds positive growth in segments within automotive technology, audio products and TV displays.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Market Research, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
CEA announces publication of new DTV Interface standard
Jul 15, 2013 – The CEA has announced publication of CEA-861-F, A DTV Profile for Uncompressed High-Speed Digital Interfaces. This standard applies to DTV-related high-speed digital physical interfaces, such as: HDMI, DVI 1.0, and Open LDI specifications.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Set-Top Box Energy Conservation Agreement Expected to Save U.S. Consumers $1.5 Billion Annually
Dec 6, 2012 – Fifteen U.S. multichannel video providers and device manufacturers are launching a Set-Top Box Energy Conservation Agreement that will result in annual residential electricity savings of $1.5 billion or more as the commitment is fully realized.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, NCTA, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Consumer Electronics Industry Announces Ultra High-Definition
Oct 18, 2012 – The next generation of so-called '4K' high-definition display technology for the home will be called 'Ultra High-Definition' or 'Ultra HD,' connoting its superiority over conventional HDTV, according to the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, CES2020, Smart TV, USA
Verimatrix Selects Arxan Content Protection to Secure Streaming Content across Desktop and Mobile Platforms
Sep 10, 2012 – Arxan® Technologies has announced that Verimatrix has selected Arxan's GuardIT and EnsureIT code hardening products for desktop and mobile/embedded environments to deliver tamper-resistance and self-protection for its ViewRight® Web client.
News categories: Arxan, Verimatrix, Apps, Content Protection, IBC2020
CEA Announces Five New Standards, Including Accessibility, 3D Video
Jul 9, 2012 – The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) has announced five new standards, ranging in topic from accessibility to 3D video to wireless charging, which are now available to guide designers as they develop products for consumers.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Techstreet, Digital TV, USA, VR
CEA forms '4K' Working Group
Jun 7, 2012 – The CEA has announced the formation of a '4K' Working Group, a forum for manufacturers, retailers and content providers to define 4K technology, discuss 4K content options, and educate consumers about the newest era in HDTV.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020