Digital TV News: CopperGate Communications
Sigma Designs, Inc. Reports Third Quarter Fiscal 2010 Results
Dec 2, 2009 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) has reported results for its third fiscal quarter ended October 31, 2009. Net revenue for the third quarter was $35.5 million, a decrease of $11.3 million, or 24%, from $46.8 million for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sigma Designs to Acquire CopperGate Communications
Oct 13, 2009 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) and CopperGate Communications have announced that the companies have entered into a definitive agreement for Sigma to acquire CopperGate in a cash and stock transaction with an agreed value of $160 million.
News categories: Sigma Designs, CopperGate, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
CopperGate Shipped Over 10 Million HomePNA Chips for Home Networking
Jun 29, 2009 – CopperGate HomePNA chips are used in digital devices deployed worldwide in home entertainment networks and IPTV systems. They are deployed by more than 40 telecommunications, cable, and satellite companies.
News categories: CopperGate, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Codetel Adopts CopperGate IPTV Technology
Mar 9, 2009 – CopperGate Communications has announced that Codetel of the Dominican Republic has selected CopperGate's HomePNA 3.1 technology for its Claro TV IPTV service.
News categories: CopperGate, Codetel, Dominican Republic, IPTV, Smart Home
Chinese High-Definition Interactive Digital TV Leader Taps CopperGate for Low-Cost, Easy-to-Install EoC MDU Deployment
Sep 29, 2008 – CopperGate Communications has announced that B-STAR has selected HomePNA-based technology as its primary solution for its Multi Dwelling Unit (MDU) interactive Digital TV (iDTV) test program in Shanghai.
News categories: CopperGate, B-STAR, Broadband, Cable TV, China, Semiconductor, Smart Home
TELUS Selects CopperGate's HomePNA 3.1 Home Networking Technology for IPTV Service
Sep 2, 2008 – CopperGate Communications has announced that TELUS (TSX: T, T.A; NYSE: TU) has selected CopperGate's HomePNA 3.1 technology integrated into set-top boxes and residential gateways for its TELUS TV service offering.
News categories: CopperGate, TELUS, Canada, Gateway, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
CopperGate Communications to Exhibit HomePlug AV for First Time at the NXTcomm08 Show
May 22, 2008 – CopperGate Communications has announced that it will exhibit HomePlug AV and HomePNA technologies at the NXTcomm08 show being held June 16 through 19 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV.
News categories: CopperGate, Semiconductor, Smart Home
CopperGate Communications Buys HomePlug AV Powerline Technology from Conexant Systems, Inc.
May 7, 2008 – CopperGate Communications has announced the purchase of the HomePlug AV business from Conexant (NASDAQ:CNXT) making it the first semiconductor company with home networking technologies supporting all three wire types - coax, phone and power lines.
News categories: CopperGate, Conexant, Digital TV, MnA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
CopperGate Communications Achieves Five Million HomePNA Chipset Milestone
May 7, 2008 – CopperGate Communications has announced the shipment of 5 million HomePNA chipsets worldwide - making the company the leader in IPTV services over coax and phone wires.
News categories: CopperGate, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023