Digital TV News: Cryptography Research
CryptoMedia Security to protect Dish TV India pay TV content
Jul 18, 2016 – Rambus (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that Dish TV India has selected the CryptoMedia Security Platform for use in its pay TV satellite system. The platform ensures secure distribution of content while eliminating the need for a smart card.
News categories: Rambus, Dish TV India, Dr. Martin Scott, Jawahar Goel, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Cryptography Research extends licence agreement with NAGRA
Jun 23, 2016 – Rambus (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that it has extended the license agreement with NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) for the use of its Differential Power Analysis (DPA) countermeasures in selected NAGRA digital TV offerings.
News categories: Rambus, NAGRA, Dr. Martin Scott, Content Protection, Silicon IP, Worldwide
INSIDE Secure and Rambus collaborate to protect 4K and Ultra HD content
May 30, 2016 – INSIDE Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced that it is working with Cryptography Research to enable the delivery of over-the-top (OTT) 4K and Ultra High Definition (UHD) content that meets Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) specifications.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Rambus, Andrew McLennan, Dr. Simon Blake-Wilson, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
MStar, Intertrust and Rambus to show security for 4K UHD TV at IBC 2015
Sep 10, 2015 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that it has started production of a secure chipset for connected TVs that integrates the Rambus Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall security core with Intertrust’s ExpressPlay cloud service for DRM.
News categories: MStar Semi, Rambus, Intertrust, Wayne Tsai, Paul Kocher, David Maher, Content Protection, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Cryptography Research to manage cryptographic keys for SCSA-enabled devices
Sep 1, 2015 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) has been selected by the Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) to run and manage the VIDITY Key Issuance Center. The service manages cryptographic keys that SCSA-enabled devices and services use in securing content.
News categories: Cryptography Research, SCSA, Paul Kocher, David Huerta, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
SCSA releases VIDITY licensing specifications
Aug 26, 2015 – The Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) has released licensing specifications for its VIDITY technology, which enables secure delivery of entertainment, including locally stored playback of 4K Ultra HD and HD movies across multiple devices.
News categories: SCSA, David Huerta, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
MStar integrates Intertrust UHD security for TVs and STBs
Jul 15, 2015 – Intertrust has announced that MStar Semiconductor has integrated Intertrust's ExpressPlay UHD in MStar’s SoCs for 4K TVs, set-top boxes and OTT/IP boxes. ExpressPlay UHD is the most widely deployed DRM in China and the choice of initiatives in Japan and Europe.
News categories: Intertrust, MStar Semi, Kenny Huang, Wayne Tsai, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Europe, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Intertrust integrates Cryptography Research security cores
Apr 9, 2015 – Rambus (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that Intertrust will integrate its CryptoFirewall hardware security cores with its ExpressPlay cloud service. Smart 4K UHD TVs are the first target devices for the integrated security solution.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Intertrust, Paul Kocher, Talal Shamoon, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
MStar to use Cryptography Research DPA countermeasures in Set-Top Box ICs
Feb 4, 2015 – Rambus (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that its Cryptography Research Division and MStar have signed a license agreement for the inclusion of advanced DPA countermeasure technologies developed by Cryptography Research in MStar products.
News categories: Cryptography Research, MStar Semi, Paul Kocher, Jeff Wu, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA