Digital TV News: Curzon
Turner announces international SVOD service with roll-out of FilmStruck
Jan 19, 2018 – Turner International and Warner Bros have announced a joint venture to launch a multi-territory movie streaming service. FilmStruck’s launch in the international marketplace will leverage the strength of assets at both companies.
News categories: Turner, Warner Bros, Curzon, Aksel van der Wal, Craig Hunegs, Philip Mordecai, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote begins UK shipments
Apr 6, 2017 – Amazon has announced that the first Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote is now shipping to customers in the UK. The Fire TV Stick has been redesigned and comes with a new UI as well as Alexa integrated.
News categories: Amazon, Jorrit Van der Meulen, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote arrives in the UK
Feb 21, 2017 – Amazon has announced that its new Fire TV Stick, the most powerful streaming media stick available, is coming to the UK. It is the first UK version to ship with Alexa Voice Remote included.
News categories: Amazon, Jorrit Van der Meulen, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Humax and Freesat launch compact and connected Freetime box
Jul 15, 2015 – Humax and Freesat have launched the most compact and affordable Freetime set-top box recorder to date, bringing the benefits of the subscription free satellite TV service to a wider group of cost-conscious consumers in the UK.
News categories: Freesat, Humax, Paul Gilshan, Graham North, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
1.5 million visitors each week to Samsung's UK Smart TV hub
Nov 17, 2014 – Samsung has said that its Smart TV platform now has more than 1.5 million weekly unique users in the UK. From catch-upp TV through to Ultra HD content, Samsung has a wide range of content available to download for viewers.
News categories: Samsung, Doug d'Souza, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Amazon Fire TV now available in the UK
Sep 3, 2014 – Amazon has announced that Amazon Fire TV is now available in the UK. Fire TV is a box that plugs into aTV for access to Netflix, Prime Instant Video, Demand 5, Spotify, Sky News, Curzon Home Cinema, YouTube, video rentals and more.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
UK's Freesat adds 6,000 households in 2Q 2014
Jul 28, 2014 – Freesat, the UK subscription free satellite TV service, added 6,000 new homes in the three months to the end of June. In all, Freesat has added 24,000 households in the first half of 2014.
News categories: Freesat, Emma Scott, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
Freesat offers films on demand with Curzon Home Cinema
May 28, 2014 – Freesat has announced the launch of the Curzon Home Cinema video On Demand service on Freetime, its award-winning connected TV service. Curzon Home Cinema is Freesat's first film On Demand and pay per view player.
News categories: Freesat, Curzon Home Cinema, Emma Scott, Phil Mordecai, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
BT launches buy-to-keep movies service
Feb 5, 2014 – Customers are now able to buy many of the latest blockbusters from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, along with a selection of modern greats and classics, on BT’s YouView box.
News categories: BT, Alex Green, Robert Price, Pete Wood, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet